Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
Originally Posted by superbelow View Post
Thanks a lot for the great scripts, works well with my apple keyboard.

However still looking for a germany layout for my external bluetooth keyboard. Has anyone here created a german layout, especially for apple bluetooth keyboard?

Would be awesome if someone did ...

Thank you very much!

+1 (for french layout)

Posts: 561 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Spain
Originally Posted by superbelow View Post
Thanks a lot for the great scripts, works well with my apple keyboard.

However still looking for a germany layout for my external bluetooth keyboard. Has anyone here created a german layout, especially for apple bluetooth keyboard?

Would be awesome if someone did ...

Thank you very much!
Request, please try to fix the problem of different languages for external keyboards.

I need Spanish and fails to configure the keyboard.

Sorry but I didn't read through the entire thread but I have had good success with this minus the following using my Nokia SU8W:

1. I have to keep the phone opened otherwise the Enter key is not mapped correctly. Is there a way to map it to ^M when the phone is closed?

2. As stated in the main posting... bt-kbd-remap needs to be run manually every time the keyboard connects. Has a solution been found to have this run automatically?

I know these are minor but I sure would like this to work perfectly. I appreciate the hard work and it is nice not to have to run this manually anymore and it auto-connects just fine.

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by macer View Post
Sorry but I didn't read through the entire thread ...
You really should go through the whole thread from top to bottom because this ...

2. As stated in the main posting... bt-kbd-remap needs to be run manually every time the keyboard connects. Has a solution been found to have this run automatically?
Has been answered a few posts ago, plus at various other places earlier in the thread.

Ah. Ok. Sorry. It was 23 pages so I just wanted to know if there was a solution. I will look around and hopefully find the solution so I can just get it to run auto. Was there also a solution for mapping the ecnter key while the phone is closed? Thanks.

@qole
Hi,
could you please make Wiki page for this package and this thread ? with Working keyboards and mice list ? and if it's possible with a FAQ section ?
then , it's easier for someone like me to find out how to connect my mouse to N900.

thanks a lot.

I've a Apple Mighty mouse, and it isn't woking with these scrips.
1-I've paired my mouse in bluetooth devices.
2-I,ve run BT HID Connect and select my mouse(it was listed).
...nothing happens.(only my mouse led indicator shows it's connected to a device)

@doctor madness (answer to the next post)

yes, but no movement in cursor ! no movement in Browser mouse icon...

Last edited by 222; 2010-11-10 at 11:54.

Posts: 85 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Near Paris, in the frog-eaters country
222 : did you run "Mouse cursor" ?

I've started trying out v0.11-1 of this package after trying v0.8, and I have to say these scripts are amazing. I've since gotten a new Microsoft Bluetooth mouse 5000 since my old Rapoo had a double-clicking problem. The Microsoft mouse works perfectly "out of the box" without requiring me to edit config files in Maemo. My Think Outside Keyboard (English) works well too, all numbers, and special keys work as well.

The only problem I seem to have is that I use the same mouse for my laptop. After pairing to my N900, the mouse doesn't automatically connect to the laptop (after disconnecting from N900). I have to re-pair it in order for it to work with the laptop. After re-pairing of course, the mouse doesn't automatically connect to the N900. It seems the mouse can only remember pairing for one device at a time. Is this normal behavior?

Last edited by kwurk; 2010-11-11 at 14:22.

The Following User Says Thank You to kwurk For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by WhiteWolf View Post
Request, please try to fix the problem of different languages for external keyboards.

I need Spanish and fails to configure the keyboard.
In a matter of days i will be ready with UI for selecting external keyboard layout and languages with whatever xkeyboard-config 1.8.2 supports as language/layout. Right now i am using alpha version on my n900 with two languages - USA and Bulgarian(phonetic). It will not require any scripts to be run to configure external keyboard (PNP hopefully). When I am ready I will open an anounce thread and will post here, just a little patience.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 992 | Thanked: 738 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Low Earth Orbit
Originally Posted by kwurk View Post
It seems the mouse can only remember pairing for one device at a time. Is this normal behavior?
That seems to be the case with my logitech mouse too

The Following User Says Thank You to kureyon For This Useful Post:

Tags
bluetooth, keyboard, mouse, package