Notices

Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
ok, now I see what has happened and why I got that error. Fapman for some reason did not upgrade librxsupport. Thus as 2 previous posters observed, Columbus fails to install or update properly until the system is upgraded explicitly, as a dependency is missing.
Once I upgraded the library my updated Columbus works.

Last edited by handaxe; 2011-01-20 at 08:13.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by handaxe View Post
ok, now I see what has happened and why I got that error. Fapman for some reason did not upgrade librxsupport. Thus as 2 previous posters observed, Columbus fails to install or update properly until the system is upgraded explicitly, as a dependency is missing.
Once I upgraded the library my updated Columbus works.
That's a pain in the ***, worked for me via stock appman both update and install from scratch.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
Thjs stopped working for me after the last update via App manager.

Fixed it by accessing root in X-term and typing th following 2 commands:

apt-get upgrade ---> Enter.
apt-get update ---> Enter.
I think you got those commands the wrong way around, you need to update before you upgrade

Otoh, if it installed the new columbus, you can safely skip the update as it should already have up-to-date repository lists for extras-devel.

Made a bit of head way with the annoying random crashing, so should have a fix for that in the next point release.

Thanks for your support!

I had a feeling I'd got that @rse about face, but I did update Columbus via app manager beforehand.

I have noticed though, that when I start the app, the full screen toggle icon is up near the top left of the screen with the menu button above it. Once I tap the screen they expand to their rightful positions.

I can't post a screenshot because it doesn't happen when the keyboard is open. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I had a feeling I'd got that @rse about face, but I did update Columbus via app manager beforehand.

I have noticed though, that when I start the app, the full screen toggle icon is up near the top left of the screen with the menu button above it. Once I tap the screen they expand to their rightful positions.

I can't post a screenshot because it doesn't happen when the keyboard is open. You'll just have to take my word for it.
Yeah, that's a known little bug, should be fixed in the next release.

So, with the impending release of 1.0 happening (though I'll continue with development and testing snapshots) are there any features people would like to see implemented in 1.0.

Routes and maps is a v2.0 feature so don't ask As it stands the UI and functionality is pretty much static but I am open to suggestions for feature enhancements if not in the core app I can provide supplimentary features through the plugin facilities.

Actually, you possibly did things in that order, as the "apt-get upgrade" would install the upgraded librxsupport - the previous apt-get update having refreshed the catalog, thus allowing the install of Columbus?
Fapman by default only notes updates to files in one of the user categories. Tswindell if you incl the version of librxsupport in the Columbus depend's it would make things more robust perhaps?
New things: it would be good to have a text / comment section in "add waypoint". one often wants to note more than the name can capture.
I suppose track saving is a v2 feature?

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
A notes section is an awesome idea, I'll stick that in. Track/Trip recording and loading is a v1 feature so you can expect that in next weeks update.

As far as deps I did make libcolumbus depend on the new librxsupport library, then the columbus package currently relies on the same source version of libcolumbus. This may possibly be a bug with fapman and I will look into this.

Thanks for your input

Using PackageView shows the depend as just "librxsupport". Some of the others have versions given....

libcolumbus should force the required version, I'll investigate this when I get the chance tomorrow or this evening.

Tags
navigation, nokia n900