Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Australia
I guess we can only wait till it is released, looks like the same regions for sale for S60 and Maemo and iPhone on their 'how to buy' page.

Posts: 125 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sao Paulo, Brazil
Originally Posted by RipTorn View Post
I guess we can only wait till it is released, looks like the same regions for sale for S60 and Maemo and iPhone on their 'how to buy' page.
Not the same regions....select Maemo and look at the options in North, Central and South America.....there are only US East and US West. Choose Symbian and there are US, Mexico, Canada, Brazil and Colombia.

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by jaguilar View Post
Not the same regions....select Maemo and look at the options in North, Central and South America.....there are only US East and US West. Choose Symbian and there are US, Mexico, Canada, Brazil and Colombia.
I've mailed Sygic asking about the availability for Brazil maps, and they answered that by the launch date there should be only maps from countries where N900 is being officially sold. I sure wasn't happy since here is not even confirmed that it will be sold at all. In my opinion Sygic should try to cover as many countries as possible right now, since in a couple of months we can get free turn-by-turn navigation with Ovi Maps (at least we hope for it...)

Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
since in a couple of months we can get free turn-by-turn navigation with Ovi Maps (at least we hope for it...)
It will almost certainly be announced the day after I purchase Sygic.

Posts: 200 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ São Paulo - Brasil
Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Not by me if they don't make Brazil maps available!!!

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Sweden
No further hints on when Sygic will release this?

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Razumichin View Post
No further hints on when Sygic will release this?
Previous posts on this same thread stated that they already submitted the final version to Nokia, and it is not released due to some problem with Ovi Store for Maemo.... I am not sure, but my guess is that's due to payment methods, since there is only free apps for Maemo until now (i.e. Angry Birds extra levels also can't be bought yet).

Originally Posted by jaark View Post
Hurry up and buy it then will you!

The Following User Says Thank You to wizbowes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 739 | Thanked: 220 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Surrey, UK
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Previous posts on this same thread stated that they already submitted the final version to Nokia, and it is not released due to some problem with Ovi Store for Maemo.... I am not sure, but my guess is that's due to payment methods, since there is only free apps for Maemo until now (i.e. Angry Birds extra levels also can't be bought yet).
Not sure about that. In the latest beta that I installed yesterday they had corrected a bug that I had noticed and probably others, so I think they must be correcting last minute bug fixes.

It looks pretty good at the moment. They haven't sorted out a minimise screen option yet though.
There is a way that seems right to a man, but in the end it leads to death. Proverbs 14:12

I don't suppose you know if they are planning a pack-in with a car holder (like Navicore did with their 770 version) do you?

Tags
application, fremantle, gps, maemo, maemo 5, map, navigation, sygic, turn-by-turn