Active Topics

Poll: What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?
Poll Options
What advanced text entry method(s) would you like to see on Sailfish?

Originally Posted by mautz View Post
German Language for OKBoard- first try. Feedback welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qwruts98l9...mv7hl.rpm?dl=0
Great news, thanks!

I tried some words starting with umlauts – they don't seem to be in there or are buggy somehow: "Änderung", "Überraschung", "östlich" and some others I've forgotten since. When I swipe "ärger", it thinks the word starts with an L and suggests words like "lehrt".

The words "bösen", "böse" and "plötzlich" work, though. All in all it's still pretty useful.

For the non-germans:
I present to you a post with some funny words! Enjoy and try to say some of them out loud!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

The Following User Says Thank You to velox For This Useful Post:
Posts: 635 | Thanked: 1,535 times | Joined on Feb 2014 @ Germany
Sorry, i've forgotten to mention that you have to swype over a for ä, u for ü and o for ö. I'm going to add some more common words to the dictionary. Thanks for the feedback.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Sorry, i've forgotten to mention that you have to swype over a for ä, u for ü and o for ö. I'm going to add some more common words to the dictionary. Thanks for the feedback.
Awesome, thanks! I guess with a few more words, this should be ready for openrepos.

My take on the corpus selection: I'd really like at least a small Wiki portion in there, because sometimes it's nice to use correct terminology e.g. when writing to colleagues. Wikipedia should be unbeatable for those words, regardless of profession.

My dream would actually be a "hybrid" with de and en, because I frequently have to change between those. But now, at least, I can change and still swipe. Thanks again!
___
list of i486/noarch packages on openrepos (jolla tablet)

New german language version with a much bigger dictionary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7us6j0lg7u...mv7hl.rpm?dl=0

Last edited by mautz; 2016-01-20 at 21:51.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
Posts: 738 | Thanked: 819 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Berlin
New german language version with a much bigger dictionary:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7us6j0lg7u...mv7hl.rpm?dl=0
Works much better! Thank you !!!!

Is it actually possible to get the colour emoji from Dolphin to be available with OKBoard?

Then I could finally ditch all other keyboards!

The german language files are downloadable from Openrepos now.

https://openrepos.net/content/mautz/...-files-okboard

@velox

I will include some wiki articles in the corpora for the next build.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:
for Eber42 , maybe i have found another bug,apart for the transparency known one with default sailfish's browser

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...14#post1495814

Great work with OKBoard. It's a really appreciated effort to finally get a Swype-like textual entry method on Jolla!

I have some questions though. First, why doesn't swyping over the special characters work? Like å, ä and ö in Swedish and the umlauts in German? Is this a fundamental restriction of maliit? Secondly, both me and my partner are having problems with the keyboard becoming half invisible in the browser fields. It's still usable, but a bit tricky. We both have the newest Sailfish OS.

Thirdly, is there some plan on the dictionary being intelligent by adding words typed? It's a bit troublesome when some words are lacking and don't seem to show up even with frequent manual usage.

And lastly, are there plans on expanding with the N9 swype gestures (or others) for formatting? For example, I remember there being a swype from comma to space (for space after comma) and a method of not adding space after a word (I think it was swype away from keyboard at the end). The last action, not adding a space, is really useful for compound words. As of now it doesn't seem possible to even use backspace and then swype a new one.

These are not complaints, merely feedback. I'm very grateful for your work. As a great fan of the N9, thank you!

Originally Posted by GuSec View Post

Thirdly, is there some plan on the dictionary being intelligent by adding words typed? It's a bit troublesome when some words are lacking and don't seem to show up even with frequent manual usage.
The keyboard has a learning feature. You can enable or disable it in the OKBoard app. New words will be added after using them a few times...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mautz For This Useful Post:

Tags
bettertxtentry, huntnpeck sucks, okboard, sailfish, swype