Active Topics

Posts: 167 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warwickshire
I was told 16th by MPD although I just got in touch coz they wanted my PAC. I asked what the chances of another delay were? To which came back the response I couldn't promise anything. Suddenly 16th doesn't look so clever either.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
there will be a press release on the day the device ships that does not mean we wont hear about real dates before hand like with n97 and n97 mini

you guys are all so funny. Does any one have any patients?! I'd rather have a good phone late than a buggy phone early.

Nokia have said Probably November. Can u guys not wait another month? I mean i know the phone is awesome and i as well as all of you will use the 3.5mm jack for more than just headphones its THAT good (and its THAT small )

if anything everyone ranting here is a testament to how awesome the phone is gonna be, and of course providing a comedy read.

The Following User Says Thank You to Memolipd For This Useful Post:
Posts: 315 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Montreal, canada
Originally Posted by NvyUs View Post
there will be a press release on the day the device ships that does not mean we wont hear about real dates before hand like with n97 and n97 mini
P.S. I got a tip from an insider who says, and i quote, "they're going release the release date 1 hour before they release the phone to give retailers time to email customers about the impending release." .....Suhweeeeet!

from
http://www.amazon.com/its-official/f...&cdSort=newest

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 10:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author 22 hours ago

Posts: 600 | Thanked: 742 times | Joined on Sep 2008 @ England
Since everyone thinks Peter is "the man", and I suppose he must be (because he's head of Maemo Marketing at Nokia). Let's see what he actually said:

24 September 2009:
...what we announced in the Nokia N900 press release is still the plan, no change: "The Nokia N900 will be available in select markets from October 2009..."
13 October 2009:
Maemo 6 alpha SDK in q1 2010, beta in Q2 2010. Happy Waiting! ;-)
21 October 2009:
There are a limited number of new Hutchinson 3G SIM cards that require a specific technical SIM card support in the mobile device. Nokia N900 has not originally been designed to support this operator requirement. As soon as we found out about this requirement, we started to work on the solution. A software update for the Nokia N900, estimated to be available by the end of this year, will fix this issue.
22 October 2009:
We said at the Maemo Summit that portrait mode for the browser shall be made available as software update by Xmas 2009. I guess we don't want to wait that long for Nokia N900 first shipments? So, portrait browsing in browser will be out later than the first shipments.
22 October 2009:
Not Sweden, nor UK, nor US, will get devices before we start shipments.

This information is fresh from Nokia and it takes some time for retailers to update their availability times. We haven't been sitting on this information just waiting for October to end. Otherwise we could have just waited until November, the 1st to tell you.
22 October 2009:
In reference to your questions on the expected shipment date of the Nokia N900, let me tell you the latest information from Nokia:

The Nokia N900 is a great example of what we and the open source community have been able to achieve with Maemo software. We are working closely with open source developers and for example, at the Maemo Summit in October, we loaned 300 pre-production units to get more feedback from the community. This feedback is extremely important to us and as such we also want to provide the best user experience with the Nokia N900.

We expect it to start shipping during November 2009.

Peter Schneider
Head of Maemo Marketing
Nokia Corporation
22 October 2009:
Ladies, gentlemen,

as much as I love the discussion, are you sure you want to continue these threads endlessly? The day we start shipping you will see a Nokia press release announcing just that. The first Nokia N900 will not magically appear in some shop suddenly, somewhere, sometime, but we will let you know when we start shipping from the factory.

And yes, we've gotten some decent feedback from the community after the Maemo Summit from those 300 devices we gave out with some things we haven't detected in our usual-for-all-devices testing around the world. Some of this feedback, we want to take into account in both the first sales software release i.e. PR1.0 and some in software updates we provide later this year.
22 October 2009:
I think I can safely promise you "before 2012"! (Because I will look for another job if this thing soon doesn't leave the factory).
I like that last quote the best!

Regards,
Roger

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to eiffel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
Originally Posted by JD2010 View Post
P.S. I got a tip from an insider who says, and i quote, "they're going release the release date 1 hour before they release the phone to give retailers time to email customers about the impending release." .....Suhweeeeet!

from
http://www.amazon.com/its-official/f...&cdSort=newest

Posted on Nov 8, 2009 10:10 AM PST
Last edited by the author 22 hours ago
Business day is almost over in Europe... doubt they'd publish a press release after hours.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
well, they have not billed me in the USA yet!

so it definately will not ship for us today.

Posts: 262 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Scotland
I'm not at home just now, i'm away on a 3 day course so the device not being shipped doesn't bother me. what bothers me is the fact i was told stone cold lies everyday for over a week. The device will come when it's ready i'm fine with that but the lies that Nokia have spun is unforgivable. In a word... cocksockets!

The Following User Says Thank You to Nitchers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 156 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Nottingham, UK
Originally Posted by ninjaboxergirl View Post
Maybe I will get mine on my birthday after all (but I'd rather have it early)

Seriously, how frustrating is this? if it weren't for the fact that there ARE no other phones out there that I want right now- I would cancel the ****king thing and get something else.... but I guess Nokia know that.
I am disgusted with Nokia's customer relations.
Me too.
..but if that was true and you did get another phone you'd wish you had waited and got one, when it finally does come out.

Try to hold on...not long now...deep breaths!
These messages are messing with my Karma. I will try to forget I even ordered it.

Maybe I'll just get a nice cat instead.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by Nitchers View Post
I'm not at home just now, i'm away on a 3 day course so the device not being shipped doesn't bother me. what bothers me is the fact i was told stone cold lies everyday for over a week. The device will come when it's ready i'm fine with that but the lies that Nokia have spun is unforgivable. In a word... cocksockets!
Never mind m8ty i have made my own see back posts yours is on its way.

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange