Today Amazon UK canceled all orders.

Unfortunately, we are no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that this item has been discontinued and is no longer available.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this causes.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-08-24 at 15:56.

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Amazon cancelled my order from mid-sunday

Posts: 738 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ London
uk buyers are now selling them on amazon uk... the price is slowly going down.

Does anyone know which reliable online stores in US accept PayPal payment (I know for BestBuy)?

EDIT: Actually, the first question is which online stores are reliable?

Last edited by kolos; 2011-08-24 at 18:51.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Err... if they accept PayPal, they will mostly ship only to the registered PayPal address. If it's not in the continuous 48 (a.k.a. Continental US only), you're out of luck. Also the billing address should match. That's a very common issue with US eStores.

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-24 at 19:44.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Originally Posted by kolos View Post
Does anyone know which reliable online stores in US accept PayPal payment (I know for BestBuy)?

EDIT: Actually, the first question is which online stores are reliable?
buy.com
hp.com
newegg.com
pcmall.com

To name a few. But itīs a moot point. None of those has the touchpad at the sale prices.

The Following User Says Thank You to olighak For This Useful Post:
olighak, hp.com has them at the sale prices with status "coming soon".

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
Err... if they accept PayPal, they will mostly ship only to the registered PayPal address. If it's not in the continuous 48 (a.k.a.), you're out of luck. Also the billing address should match. That's a very common issue with US estores.
I tried to add another billing address in paypal account, but there is no option to select other country except mine. Same is for a gift address. Unbelievable!

EDIT: I have an idea. When you pay with paypal you can write a comment, so the comment could be where to ship the order. In my profile (hp.com & bestbuy.com) I already have US billing address.

Last edited by kolos; 2011-08-24 at 19:37.

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
It is like this. I've been through this mess already w/ Newegg and a german PayPal account. And this is called "global trade"... of course only possible if it's positive for companies.

And: try it w/ the shipmen note; i'm curious. You know that US companies often have an extra authorization department that cancels your order even if only they could not call your bank to question them for the card holder? It's because they are afraid of fraud. They are actually so scared that they want to avoid any hassle with non-US buyers, because they face enough problems w/ their own countrymen.

Remember that for credit card usage they specifically have to allow foreign billing addresses, good luck. (even for cards that are linked to your PayPal account, the address has to be in the US.)

I have most of my orders shipped to my employee's US office, and pick i up here or let it bring/shipped to me. But as my card's billing address is in Germany and i cannot enter that too often, it still sucks. I.e. the most i can do is an in-store pickup 3 times a year, and pay there with the same card that they refuse online. (...0

They started this fuuckkkk w/ the registered PayPal address even in Germany now. It's nice, because if i include my german company name in the default delivery address, it is omitted in the checkout process. Nice, isn't it? Try to receive something where only your name, the street/house number and the zip code plus city are given to the seller, it it is your office address (not your own office of course).

Barnes & Noble was a very good option, because they promoted international orders and shipments. Even Amazon is ok regarding payment and delivery if you have it shipped to an US address, and then arrange further actions from that address.

Maybe i should get an US prepaid(?) card, w/ the office address as billing address...

Last edited by don_falcone; 2011-08-24 at 20:15.

The Following User Says Thank You to don_falcone For This Useful Post:
Thanks for info. I was in US few years ago and I ordered same stuff from Amazon which were paid with my European credit card. I didn't have any issue with delivery, so I thought that with others should be the same.
Anyway, I'll take my chances (if I get any) and see what will happen. What can I lose?