Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Originally Posted by mirakels View Post
I think you should store the data without condensing/smoothing it up front .... That way everyone can experiment with the smoothing and derivations (which then of coarse need to be configurable from the gui) .... So I would vote for also saving the z coordinate to the log file.
+1 for both suggestions - z axis and gui for playing with visualization datas

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help me with this. "Sleepanalyser" was working just fine until yesterday, but after an "apt-get upgrade" in x-terminal the app wouldn't start anymore.

I thought a deinstallation and fresh re-install via Faster Application Manager would help, but the app would not install anymore. Instead I received the following error message:

--- 2010-11-02 09:28:55 ---
/usr/bin/apt-get -qsy --allow-unauthenticated -o Dir::Etc::sourcelist=/opt/fapman-cache/sources.list -o Dir::State::lists=/opt/fapman-cache/lists -o Dir::Etc::sourceparts="" --auto-remove install sleepanalyser
--- 2010-11-02 09:28:56 ---
Output from last process:
---
Reading package lists...
Building dependency tree...
Reading state information...
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
sleepanalyser: Depends: python2.5-qt4-gui (> 4.7.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: python2.5-qt4-core (> 4.7.3) but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Netherlands
hmm, that's a nasty error.

Try as root: dpkg -a --configure

and post the output.

--------

General Question for Sleep Analyzer:

I really love that app and would also love to export to my ubuntu and play around with it. Is there any chance in getting an app for this as well. Would be awesome!

Thanks for any replies in advanced.

greetz.

Originally Posted by studiosusmed View Post
hmm, that's a nasty error.

Try as root: dpkg -a --configure

and post the output.
Hi studiosusmed, I'm afraid there is not output. After entering the command as root, there is just another entry prompt. Am I missing something?

Originally Posted by jcw1 View Post
Hi studiosusmed, I'm afraid there is not output. After entering the command as root, there is just another entry prompt. Am I missing something?
Oh my mistake! Please try

Code:
apt-get install -f
If that is not working properly, try this variant:

Code:
sudo dpkg --configure -a
Please post the ouput from the console.

Thanks for your patients!

Originally Posted by studiosusmed View Post
Oh my mistake! Please try

Code:
apt-get install -f
Ok, done. The output is pretty unspectacular:

Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.

Doesn't really say much, I presume. Thanks for your continued assistance.

I'm having problems too since PR1.3...
I used to have sleep analyser and plenty of other apps but lost them all installing PR1.3. Upon re-installing most apps are fine but a couple - those that use Python fail with the below message:
"Application packages missing: python2.5-qt4-common (=4.7.4-maemo0)"

Reading on some of the other threads it appears that 1.3 is maemo 4.7.5 and theres a conflict between what I now have and what this package has as a dependency. I've no idea about this, but on one of the other threads it was saying that it's something to do with the way the apps are packaged.
Is it possible to get Sleep Analyser repackaged so that it will work with PR1.3? Or does anyone know another way around the issue?

Cheers,

Steve

Originally Posted by littlewolf View Post
I'm having problems too since PR1.3...
I used to have sleep analyser and plenty of other apps but lost them all installing PR1.3. Upon re-installing most apps are fine but a couple - those that use Python fail with the below message:
"Application packages missing: python2.5-qt4-common (=4.7.4-maemo0)"

Reading on some of the other threads it appears that 1.3 is maemo 4.7.5 and theres a conflict between what I now have and what this package has as a dependency. I've no idea about this, but on one of the other threads it was saying that it's something to do with the way the apps are packaged.
Is it possible to get Sleep Analyser repackaged so that it will work with PR1.3? Or does anyone know another way around the issue?

Cheers,

Steve
Steve,
studiosusmed,

It appears that this might be my problem, too. When trying to install the app not via "Faster Application Manager", as before, but via the regular application manager I get the exact same error message. No reference to broken packages, as was the case with Faster Application Manager.

Last edited by jcw1; 2010-11-03 at 16:19.

Posts: 560 | Thanked: 423 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Switzerland
Hi all

It might be that I forgot a decency when i packed SleepAnalyser.
As it sais it misses "python2.5-qt4-common", you can try to fix it with installing that package manually.
Just execute "apt-get install python2.5-qt4-common" in the terminal as root. The package is in the extras repository, so it should work fine.
Please let me know if it helps, I then will fix the package.

@studiosusmed: If you want to use this application on your Ubuntu, there is no problem. As it is a python program, it runs on any OS where Python is installed. You can download the latest source code from here: http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...alyser/1.6-53/
Just extract the tar.gz file into a folder. Then you can start the application with "python ./sleepanalyser-1.6/src/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py" in a terminal.
You also can copy the record files to your computer and open with this application.
CacheMe 4 the N9, a geocaching client / MiniBible, a bible viewer / TheWord brings daily bible verses onto your phone / BatteryGraph to monitor the battery drainage / doublepress2unlock to unlock your phone with a double press onto the power button / GPRS Data Usage to monitor your GPRS data usage /
and more...

On N900 check out this: SleepAnalyser to analyse your sleep movements / PasswordMaker a for a password generator

The Following User Says Thank You to caco3 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by caco3 View Post
If you want to use this application on your Ubuntu, there is no problem. As it is a python program, it runs on any OS where Python is installed. You can download the latest source code from here: http://maemo.org/packages/source/vie...alyser/1.6-53/
Just extract the tar.gz file into a folder. Then you can start the application with "python ./sleepanalyser-1.6/src/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py" in a terminal.
You also can copy the record files to your computer and open with this application.
Thanks caco3,

this is an pretty good solution. However, I thought if it might possible to get some more statistics in the main program. Like how was the sleep in general for a whole month, see a chart for that, etc.

Anyway, thanks for your effort with this program. I really love it!

Unfortunately, when I try to start the programme I got the following error:

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/alex/Programme/sleepanalyser-1.6/src/opt/SleepAnalyser/main.py", line 30, in <module>
    from dbus.mainloop.qt import DBusQtMainLoop
ImportError: No module named qt
Might there any shortcut solution?

Last edited by studiosusmed; 2010-11-04 at 09:47.