Notices

Posts: 539 | Thanked: 165 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Berlin, Germany
Thanks, that was the one line I've always overseen (I read the first post about 20 times and really looked for a special upgrade procedure)

Posts: 2,050 | Thanked: 1,425 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bucharest
Hi.

I notice I lost the ability to back up optfs to SD card. Any reson for that? I really want to back up to SD for several reasons. Rootfs can be backed up on card, but opt is eMMC only.

Please?

Keep the forums clean: use "Thanks" button instead of the thank you post.

Now that's weird: I purged Backupmenu and rebooted to see what boomenu does without backupmenu's entries ... and it's still there. v0.32 and generating image files. Are there some files cached while rebooting only and is it necessary to power off the device?

OK, the entry in /etc/bootmenu.d didn't get deleted when purging the current version. I guess the filename has changed and the old one isn't incuded in the package anymore therefore package management doesn't know of this file anymore. I deleted the entry manually, rebooted and the 'naked' bootmenu appeared.

Now I'm curious: why don't I see those menu entries when backup menu is installed? There is an entry for powering down the device which I find quite useful. In backupmenu I can only see restart option (at least 'til 0.32).

The thing is, I'm -overriding- the proper Bootmenu menu(I'm literally hijacking it). I'd -like- to actually make my software work properly with the bootmenu, but currently there's a bug that prevents it from operating.

Also, tomorrow, you guys are getting an improved version, which adds the -y option to the FSCK modes and a couple other tweaks.
I also just proved how useful BackupMenu is - For whatever reason, my N900 suddenly decided to stop booting(reboot loop).
I was able to determine that the issue was a corrupted OptFS(why? I dunno - I shut things down right), and ended up fixing it through USB Mass Storage mode from my PC. The fact that I had to use my PC is why you're getting a new tweak.
OC freqs: 0:22,90 125:22,90 250:28,180 500:30,360 550:32,400 600:34,430 700:39,430 750:41,430 805:45,430 850:47,500 900:50,500 950:54,500 1000:58,500 1100:67,520 1150:71,520

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RobbieThe1st For This Useful Post:
@ x-lette you should be fine if you run

Code:
apt-get remove --purge bootmenu-n900 backupmenu
Then reinstall backupmenu letting it automatically install the bootmenu dependancy, worked for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to Wichall For This Useful Post:
OK, so could you add the option to power down the device too? Would make it easier than taking out the battery

btw: Just generating my first tar-backup. Seems to be a bit slower than the former image generating but that's OK.

Oh, and having keyboard lights on is a real improvement! Thanks for that!

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Code:
apt-get remove --purge bootmenu-n900 backupmenu
That command won't delete any file that doesn't belong to one of the mentioned packages. bootmenu is the owner of the directory but this directory only gets deleted if it is empty. As there still is one file in it (which doesn't belong to bootmenu nor backupmenu) the directory won't be deleted.
Maybe apt / dpkg on maemo behaves in another way but that would be a violation of reliable package management.

The Following User Says Thank You to x-lette For This Useful Post:
Yeah I had to delete /etc/bootmenu.d too but I thought you were still having issues with bootmenu after that (which I did because bootmenu was installed on it's own rather than as a dependency).

Ignore me :P...

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
Yeah I had to delete /etc/bootmenu.d too but I thought you were still having issues with bootmenu after that
bootmenu worked fine, the only problem I had was the orphaned file from backupmenu.

Tags
backup, backupmenu, cssusupplement, max(useful), rescue-console, restore, system