Notices

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
Originally Posted by DonPIZI View Post
is it possible to import the bookmarks from microB?
I did search the thread to see if anyone answered this question and didn't find anything. I did figure out an EXTREMELY roundabout way to do this without having to do any programming but it is a bit weird. Here are the steps (assumes you know how to put a bookmark on the desktop):

1) Install Opera (presumably you have already done this).
2) Install Browser Switchboard (in category network, not sure what catalog as I have extras/testing/devel enabled)
3) Go to settings/Browser Switchboard
4) Choose other as browser and use "opera %s" (without the quotes) as the other command (this will make sense when you are there)
5) Put the bookmark you want to import on the desk top
6) Tap on the bookmark and magically the page of interest will be opened in Opera
7) Now bookmark this page either as a speed dial or a regular bookmark according to how Opera works

Repeat steps 5-7 for each desired bookmark

Cheers,
Fred

P.S. A side effect of this approach is that Opera will be your default browser, you can always change that again in Browser Switchboard.

Edit: Oh yeah, you may want to delete all those bookmarks you put on your desktop

Last edited by ffarber; 2010-05-11 at 20:33.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Since Konqueror also uses XBEL as MicroB, you can get /home/user/.bookmarks/MyBookMarks.xml from your device, copy and import it (as Konqueror bookmarks) into your desktop Opera and then Opera Link them back to your device...

EDIT: Just tested it - works flawlessly. I now have all my MicroB bookmarks in Opera Mobile 10. It will be good if the Opera guys can do it automatically, though it is probably in the desktop branch as the plugin support

Last edited by Bundyo; 2010-05-11 at 20:45.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 17 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Italy
Hello guys !

A short post just to SAY THANKS A LOT !!!!!

GREAT JOB !!! Expecially for an "hobby" work !! It is awesome !!!
Keep improving it, but it is already fantastic !

I would like that Nokia had made a similar work and efforts for the N900 basic apps (like Modest, Calendar, Contacs, MFE and Phone) that are really too basic and limited for a tablet/phone of 600€ !
Perhpas you guys at Opera can deliver some nice apps also for business use like a real good email client compatible with full Exchange support....

Thanks again !!

i have experienced another problem....
while opera is running and u put it into background....
i have noticed tht the text size in phone application and media player application increases. and as soon as i close opera, the font is back to normal....anyone else experncd the same prob???

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Since Konqueror also uses XBEL, you can get /home/user/.bookmarks/MyBookMarks.xml, import it into desktop Opera and then Opera Link them to your device...

EDIT: Just tested it - works flawlessly.
One needs to be running desktop Opera for this but it ought to work. That would be a discontinuity my feeble brain couldn't get over right now but it is a lot easier than my approach

Fred

Originally Posted by somekeystrokes View Post
i have experienced another problem....
while opera is running and u put it into background....
i have noticed tht the text size in phone application and media player application increases. and as soon as i close opera, the font is back to normal....anyone else experncd the same prob???
Nope, looks good to me.

Fred

I was very happy with my n900 until I installed Opera Mobile. It's clearly a much more polished app than anything installed by Nokia. This is despite the unofficial status of Opera.

The speed of the interface and the mega quick tap zoom is incredible. Nokia is clearly wasting one awesome piece of hardware with their crappy software.

Just how can they make the interface feel that snappy? Is it just poorly designed transitions by nokia or what's going on?

Well I still like the device, my standards were just raised a few notches.

The Following User Says Thank You to nope For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Well, despite some mega quick features, Opera 10 feels a lot more unfinished to me than MicroB.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 263 | Thanked: 231 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ wales
ive still got my problem with corrupt language looks like im the only one in the world!
maybe i need a reflash

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Alaska
great news. simply wonderful. lack of Opera was definitely my main disappointment whit my n900 and the microemu solution...well just really wasn't. thank you for your work on this!

Tags
fast browser, opera