Last Activity: Today 02:11 AM

no need to write something, peter?

Originally Posted by meyma View Post
This is shure - as the 9th. And the 25th too (according to german Nokia site).
As long as they've got our orders they can delay the release as long as they like, and they will do. At least until Xmas. They know that we want the phomputer anyway. If more and more of us would cancel their order, this would be a signal that Nokia might loose fans if they won't hurry. But some of us think tey can have their baby a few days earlier if they hold their order. They think it for weeks already, haven't learnt anything.
This thread is best marketing for Nokia, why shouln't they heat it up by further and further delays?
lol didnt the same thing happen with COD:MW2? all PC player boycotted it and it still is the broken the records with the most pre-orders.

I read somewhere (unconfirmed) that PC pre-orders were 8% of all pre-orders.

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
panoramic desktops Easy two old bogrolls one on the left and one on the right and two small pencils to hold them in place.
Hahaha. I was thinking a roll of film, winding onto another roll of film, but yours is less practical and more amusing, so you win

Originally Posted by sharper View Post
They read what's on the screen out to you. How that information gets there is essentially random and any correlation with the real release date is purely coincidental.
Who on earth are you kidding? It's not random, it's come from someone, within that company.

I've actually done this before, I know how it works.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
Originally Posted by w00t View Post
Hahaha. I was thinking a roll of film, winding onto another roll of film, but yours is less practical and more amusing, so you win
I have 300 out there testing you can pre order for release on 25/12/2009 promise

Originally Posted by nuknuk View Post
I have 300 out there testing you can pre order for release on 25/12/2009 promise
Except that due to feedback from those who have been potty trained, you'll push it back by a month?

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
Originally Posted by Memolipd View Post
lol didnt the same thing happen with COD:MW2? all PC player boycotted it and it still is the broken the records with the most pre-orders.
My canceling of my MW2 pre-order makes hardly any difference to IW, but I feel much better not paying console prices for shait console ports of what could have been the next great PC FPS.

Banned | Posts: 537 | Thanked: 117 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ N900 LAND
If you had a product you want to sell for xmas you would have it out now and mass advertising in place people buy xmas presents now
Nokia n900 you just missed all of the xmas £,$
ah well i suppose you could always market this product for jan 2010 good luck.

Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by ewan View Post
We were told that the original delay (from October) was down to some post-summit issues with the software, so really the release should follow on essentially when the software is done, and the technical folks should know about that. There's no reason why it would make sense to piss off so many enthusiastic would-be customers for 'marketing' purposes. If anything there's going to be an associated hit as early adopters tell anyone that will listen that Nokia's customer relations is a total shambles.

Finally, even if there is a good reason for the delay there's no reason not to just be upfront about it - seriously; how is the tight-lipped secrecy helping anyone?
Tehcnical staff will know when they have released their bit to QA and testing. They might even known when it's been signed off to production (though not always kept in the loop). The decision as to when it will ship is a logisitcs issue as much as marketing and frankly nothing to do with the technical peeps other than their initial input.

Posts: 932 | Thanked: 278 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Kentucky
Is this thread truly going to reach the 3000+ mark before Nokia announces the TRUE release date?

Tags
bumped by idiot?, impatience, n900 release, strange