Active Topics

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
hello freemangordon...

i had a reboot at 900MHz during a video playback and also under some normal usage but not very frequently...
so i have set freq limit to 850 & dsp to 560..

can please suggest some changes..?
thanks
Latest build from Pali has some voltage boost for 900, you can try it

EDIT:

@all - this is the changelog for latest build compared to previous

1.VDD1 efuse calibration values support up to 900MHz

2. Fixed bug (introduced by me) causing incorrect efuse calibration value to be used for VDD1 SR (i.e. instead calibration value for OPP(n), calibration value for OPP(n-1) was used)

3. efuse calibration values for all VDD1 OPPs recalculated as stock ones(for 125MHz and 250MHz) were keeping too high voltages

4. added several entries under /sys/power
sr_vdd1_voltage
sr_vdd2_voltage
efuse_vdd2

sr_vdd1_voltage, sr_vdd2_voltage reflect current voltages for VDD1 and VDD2 respectively when SmartReflex is active

5. /sys/power/Efuse renamed to efuse_vdd1

6. When SmartReflex is active, current calculated voltage is stored as default for current frequency when frequency switch occurs. That way next time this frequency becomes active, AVS starts from last voltage(+1 to be on a safe side) instead from profile value(no overvoltage happens on frequency switch).

7. In case DSP is overclocked for a particular frequency a little voltage boost is added to SR calibration for that frequency(12.5 mV if 430<freq<=520 and 25mV if freq>520).

8. SmartReflex AVS step reduced to 1(12.5mV) from 4(50mV) to prevent undervoltage

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-11-16 at 07:12.

The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Sorry for most likely dumb question, but where latest devel-candidate version was uploaded? I don't want to accidentally test older version. Of course tried searching for a while, but again, I'm lost when it comes to non-repos testing places (no accusation here, it's probably just me).

Also, for testing purposes, should we use only vdd1, or vdd2 too? I remember, that you thought about possible need for recalculating vdd2 to, so common sense tells me "use vdd1 only". Confirm/Deny?

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,378 | Thanked: 1,604 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Göteborg, Sweden
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Sorry for most likely dumb question, but where latest devel-candidate version was uploaded? I don't want to accidentally test older version.
See link in first post of this thread

The Following User Says Thank You to handaxe For This Useful Post:
Thanks, I thought about that, but wasn't sure if it is "latest-latest", or "one-before-latest"

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Posts: 185 | Thanked: 111 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Mexico DF, Mexico
Ok, I've been trying this latest kernel (nov.16), and I have had no reboots, took a 720p vid, saw it, I had been checking photos and movies, listening to music, used both Osso-mediaplayer and Open Media Player, browsing the net, applied speedpatch (I've had it removed previously) and still rock-solid.
I Think I'm fine with this, OC@900Mhz, Smartreflex on

EDIT: Seems like I spoke too quick... just had a reboot while launching 'qreddit', and then I reboot again to ensure things would go fine, and then Desktop was unresponsive and laggy, checked dmesg and it was full of
Code:
HWRecoveryResetSGX: SGX Hardware Recovery triggered
Every interaction triggered one more line...
One more reboot fixed it...
I don't know what was that, it had never happened to my N900 before...
N900 registered as Linux Machine # 426325

Last edited by strange1712; 2011-11-17 at 00:08. Reason: Add Info

The Following User Says Thank You to strange1712 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by strange1712 View Post
applied speedpatch (I've had it removed previously)
I'm damn sure this report would be much more meaningful, without that crap installed. I may be biased, but IMO, it may cause any random thing happening

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
-
-

Posts: 159 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Sep 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
I'm damn sure this report would be much more meaningful, without that crap installed. I may be biased, but IMO, it may cause any random thing happening

/Estel
hi estel..
i haven't installed any sort of speedpatch, swappolube or something like that but still got a reboot at 900MHz...i am really very confused..but one thing for sure smart reflex do works :P my battery backup has increased to several hours...
@freemangordon...thanks a lot pal ! and can u please check the 900 freq or provide some more voltage boost to it...i always see sr_vdd1 voltage stuck at 55 only at 900..

thanku..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to knobby For This Useful Post:
seems like there is alot of testers on the variation of settings... i really hope all stable tweaks can be shared somehow... now i hv to go back the threads and find where was the thread i have looked at that i want to try.... anyway.... great job to alll...

am using the kp49 from the link provided... on dsp profile provided... no tweak yet...

i see new driver for bq27x00 driver... how do i use it? modprob or ther is a new short command for it?

Last edited by firstknight; 2011-11-17 at 03:08.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by knobby View Post
hi estel..
i haven't installed any sort of speedpatch, swappolube or something like that but still got a reboot at 900MHz...i am really very confused..but one thing for sure smart reflex do works :P my battery backup has increased to several hours...
@freemangordon...thanks a lot pal ! and can u please check the 900 freq or provide some more voltage boost to it...i always see sr_vdd1 voltage stuck at 55 only at 900..

thanku..
Latest build (i.e. the one from pali) has a little voltage boost for 900, but if SR calculates 55 for 900 (and it is still unstable) then this frequency is not for you phone, 55 is damn high. I would recommend you to either disable SR, or to limit max frequency to 850 (or even better 805). Or do not use DSP frequencies above 540, SR tolerates DSP overclock, but it seems your device is too "weak" to work properly with SR when overclocked too much.

EDIT:
@strange1712 - this message appears sometimes if device is rebooted instead of powered down. It happens on stock kernel too, not related to KP. On the other hand AFAIK speedpatch has its own frequency profiles, which are not compatible with latest KP because of the frequencies change. Please remove it before continue testing.

Last edited by freemangordon; 2011-11-17 at 07:24.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Latest build (i.e. the one from pali) has a little voltage boost for 900, but if SR calculates 55 for 900 (and it is still unstable) then this frequency is not for you phone, 55 is damn high. I would recommend you to either disable SR, or to limit max frequency to 850 (or even better 805). Or do not use DSP frequencies above 540, SR tolerates DSP overclock, but it seems your device is too "weak" to work properly with SR when overclocked too much.

EDIT:
@strange1712 - this message appears sometimes if device is rebooted instead of powered down. It happens on stock kernel too, not related to KP. On the other hand AFAIK speedpatch has its own frequency profiles, which are not compatible with latest KP because of the frequencies change. Please remove it before continue testing.
batterypatch does, speedpatch doesnt..

Tags
battery-status, bq27x00_battery, kernel, kernel-power, misiak4king, noobs-cant-read, pali4president, patches, readdirections, revolverspinyou