Active Topics

Poll: Did you order a Jolla tablet?
Poll Options
Did you order a Jolla tablet?

Closed Thread
Maybe they changed the screen not because it was better, but because they actually found (what they thought was going to be) a cheaper alternative with similar level performance, and figured saving some money would be worth taking the risk of a potentially extended delivery?

Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
I'm still not sure now after reading the official statement of Jolla...
Will the people get their tablets or not?

And what will happen next?

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post

This is What I think.

I think it depends on the December round with investors.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Finnish newspaper Helsingin Sanomat reports today quoting a Jolla spokesperson that Jolla has 12000 paid orders on Jolla tablet and only a handful of them has been delivered to the customers.

Crowdfunding covers 10000 orders and the rest were placed this autumn. Spokesperson claims that Jolla intended to deliver the tablets and that was the reason why new paid orders were accepted this autumn. However, there was a delay due to the change in the display and then the funding problem emerged.

The spokesperson says that Jolla still targets to deliver the tablets, but IMHO it is very unlikely they are going to get an investor seeing potential in Jolla's business.

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post

Even if we get the tablets, without Jolla/SFOS updates or support, there is not much point in it.

Originally Posted by pagis View Post
Even if we get the tablets, without Jolla/SFOS updates or support, there is not much point in it.
There are options for this, including opensourcing it as a whole ; which would be awesome. During the last community meeting these were proposed

LINKer - transform your N9's home view in a Desktop, give it the freedom it deserves! -> LINKer for Harmattan

QuickBar - Can't find the app you used yesterday in your overcrowded Home Screen? Want access to the QuickLaunch bar even in the home screen? QuickBar for Harmattan

If you like our work, and would like to support via PayPal : users.giulietta@gmail.com

Last edited by tortoisedoc; 2015-11-22 at 10:13.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
https://twitter.com/fantas0s/status/668363622163357700

• Sami Pienimäki - Missing - MOST WANTED - fraud and deceiving behavior - Still working for jolla?
  • Jussi Hurmola - Free of all charges - left early in the game.
  • Marc Dillon - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior - left the buildings backdoor - Chicken!
  • Stefano Mosconi - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior - left the buildings backdoor - Chicken!
  • Antti Saarnio - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior! But at least stay and fight to get the tablets out - holds the key to save face of him and his accomplices.
  • Tomi Pienimäki - Still under investigation.

Yes, I'm judge, jury and executioner!

Last edited by Dave999; 2015-11-22 at 11:35.

@Dave999 does this mean the tablets are already produced and waiting in a warehouse?

Originally Posted by pagis View Post
@Dave999 does this mean the tablets are already produced and waiting in a warehouse?
I doubt that.

Honestly. I have no clue and I don't trust jollas commutation either. It's like Bagdad Bob if you remember him.

Originally Posted by Dave999 View Post
https://twitter.com/fantas0s/status/668363622163357700

• Sami Pienimäki - Missing - MOST WANTED - fraud and deceiving behavior - Still working for jolla?
  • Jussi Hurmola - Free of all charges - left early in the game.
  • Marc Dillon - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior - left the buildings backdoor - Chicken!
  • Stefano Mosconi - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior - left the buildings backdoor - Chicken!
  • Antti Saarnio - Guilty - fraud and deceiving behavior! But at least stay and fight to get the tablets out - holds the key to save face of him and his accomplices.
  • Tomi Pienimäki - Still under investigation.

Yes, I'm judge, jury and executioner!
Needs to be updated with more sailing/ship references

Closed Thread

Tags
moral hazard, paypal refund