Active Topics

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
I noticed one more thing. When I add a to-do item with 'due date', the home scree feed displays time at which the item was added, so e.g. the to-do is named "buy milk" and I add it at 16:30, then the item reads:

buy milk
16:30 * today

Is there any way to get rid of the time with to-dos? Displaying the time when an item was added does not make much sense. Thanks!

Last edited by DarkSkies; 2012-02-01 at 15:30.

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
I noticed one more thing. When I add a to-do item without 'due date', the home scree feed displays time at which the item was added, so e.g. the to-do is named "buy milk" and I add it at 16:30, then the item reads:

buy milk
16:30 * today

Is there any way to get rid of the time with to-dos? Displaying the time when an item was added does not make much sense. Thanks!
The current version should not show items without a due date at all (this is coming in the next version). Are you adding those to-dos on the handset itself or via some external service (MfE, Google Calendar, ...)?

The Following User Says Thank You to chillip For This Useful Post:
Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by chillip View Post
The current version should not show items without a due date at all (this is coming in the next version). Are you adding those to-dos on the handset itself or via some external service (MfE, Google Calendar, ...)?
You're right. I naturally meant "with" and not "without". I've just edited my previous post. That was an awkward typo. The issue/question stands.

The same applies to events set to "all day". There is some hour display, and again, that does not make much sense.

Originally Posted by DarkSkies View Post
You're right. I naturally meant "with" and not "without". I've just edited my previous post. That was an awkward typo. The issue/question stands.

The same applies to events set to "all day". There is some hour display, and again, that does not make much sense.
Getting rid of the time only works in the aggregated view mode (and is already done there for all-day events). I'm not sure about removing the time display for to-dos as in some cases (i.e. through external sync) it may be possible to actually enforce the exact expiry time.

In normal view mode this is not possible as it is a required parameter for the event feed (it bases the order of the entries on the specified timestamp).

Posts: 136 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Hungary
I change back to Organiser Feed, and after the install, there's a new icon on the desktop. I can't delete it.

What can I do to disappear the icon?

Thanks.
Attached Images

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
I change back to Organiser Feed, and after the install, there's a new icon on the desktop. I can't delete it.

Thanks.
Are you sure that this icon was added by Organiser Feed (please check if it disappears if you uninstall it). I fixed an issue related to this a while ago and the only report about an icon reappearing after that was caused by another application.

Originally Posted by chillip View Post
Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam

Thanks.
Are you sure that this icon was added by Organiser Feed (please check if it disappears if you uninstall it). I fixed an issue related to this a while ago and the only report about an icon reappearing after that was caused by another application.
I check, it wasn't your program. I uninstalled Calendar Feed, the icon disappeared, then I installed yours, icon came back, but it wasn't yours, everything is fine now.

How to set to show only the current day? (with the shortest time - 3 hours) there will be a short timeframe, when it shows two days.

And this will be the best for the battery time.

Originally Posted by Arthuro_Adam View Post
How to set to show only the current day? (with the shortest time - 3 hours) there will be a short timeframe, when it shows two days.

And this will be the best for the battery time.
That's not possible at the moment. I will most likely add a single entry view for the next version.

Regarding battery time: The daemon is completely idle (i.e. it does not consume any CPU resources) unless:
1. New events are added to the calendar
2. An event expires and therefore the feed has to be refreshed
3. The day changes
4. Other reasons such as a timezone or time change on your mobile (unlikely in most scenarios).

If you do not add events often, a longer look ahead period is most likely to consume less energy (which should still be negligible) as the daemon does not have to open the calendar backend to fetch new events.

I'm using it and impressed. But I want an option to increase the font size. The font size,especially of time and date, is very small. With larger font, I can check the event at a glance.