Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Nik1 View Post
There should be a feature that lets you mark down locations that are monitered my police for speed. In conjunction with marking there should be vocal warnings or beeps 300 or so meters away. I always have my n800 in my car runnng maemo mapper and I find myself getting tickets in the same old places. What you guys think?
I think you should slow down.

Seriously, though, I've considered adding notification when approaching POI locations, but I haven't gotten around to implementing it. The only use cases I can think of are for speed cameras and maybe for pointing out tourist locations, neither of which is particularly the goal of Maemo Mapper as an application.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ singapore
mr Gnuite kindly release your 2.0 version whether apha or beta, incomplete or not stable. I just cannot wait as many owner like me of n770 always like to explore re-flash again re-install and over again. This is fun for us since the system on linux but waiting for 2.0 since May it means very long and your apps was the killer application for N770. thank you BTW without mmapper n770 =gameover.

I agree 100000% let us help you get this baby working... Apart from using the 770 with my Video Server, this is the one major app I would call "a must have!"

Thanks

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by unsoundman View Post
mr Gnuite kindly release your 2.0 version whether apha or beta, incomplete or not stable. I just cannot wait as many owner like me of n770 always like to explore re-flash again re-install and over again. This is fun for us since the system on linux but waiting for 2.0 since May it means very long and your apps was the killer application for N770. thank you BTW without mmapper n770 =gameover.
The current released version of maemo Mapper works just fine, doesn't it? Why rush the release of 2.0? Let the man finish it up and get the bugs worked out. It'll come soon enough.

Gnuite, yes your current app works fantastic!! the only thing I need is the rotating maps where they are directional (I hope I described this feature correct). My comments are all in good fun, please do not feel we are ticked with you... You know techy people, we always want the next release...

Cheers

A little status update....

I think I'm about ready to release Maemo Mapper v2.0, probably this weekend. There may be a few bugs left to iron out. I wanted to do one last, probably-public beta, but I figure a public beta is pretty much a release, anyway, so I'll just go ahead and release it (if you guys are fine with that). I can iron out the bugs in 2.0.1, 2.0.2, etc.

One thing that is still missing is a tool to convert old-school directory-hierarchy map caches to new-school, database map caches. I don't want to hold up the release for that, though, especially since most people didn't really seem interested in that kind of a tool, anyway.

Other than that, I think v2.0 is pretty solid. The latest beta went well, and I've completed all of the tasks that I wanted to complete. It's not N810-ready yet, but I wanted to release a 770/N800 version as soon as possible, so that I can focus all my development on making v2.0 N810-compatible. I am hopeful that the initial release of v2.0 will at least be compatible with the GPSD interface in the N810, now that Maemo Mapper has GPSD support. But we'll see - I don't yet have an N810 with which to test.

Posts: 59 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Tauranga, NZ
you truly are a wonderful person

the new mapping sw in os2008 is useless for us here in nz so go go maemo mapper - prob in my top 3 used apps

Great news gnuite ! And thanks for the continued 770 support... Hope you receive your N810 soon :-)

Last edited by fpp; 2007-11-01 at 12:18.

Originally Posted by fpp View Post
Great news gnuite ! And thanks for the continued 700 support... Hope you receive your N810 soon :-)
Second that!

Excellent news - many thanks in advance. I'd say you should call it a beta, or release candidate, if it's still lightly tested.

Some people will stumble upon it and expect it to be flawless... It'll warn them. The rest of us will try it whatever you call it...