Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 80 | Thanked: 19 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Planet Earth, sometimes
Now with Facebook chat in PR1.2 it would be fantastic if Hermes could merge the contacts that facebook chat creates with the normal ones.

Cheers,
Menno

Originally Posted by menno View Post
Now with Facebook chat in PR1.2 it would be fantastic if Hermes could merge the contacts that facebook chat creates with the normal ones.
I used Facebook Migrator to do this:
http://blog.barisione.org/2010-05/me...book-contacts/

Originally Posted by tnhh View Post
I used Facebook Migrator to do this:
http://blog.barisione.org/2010-05/me...book-contacts/
That unfortunately does not work for the newly created facebook contacts by PR1.2.

Worked for me on PR1.2. All of my old Facebook Jabber contacts have been merged with the new Facebook IM contacts (there were two out of ~400 contacts that didn't work and I had to merge those manually).

Worked for me on PR1.2. All of my old Facebook Jabber contacts have been merged with the new Facebook IM contacts (there were two out of ~400 contacts that didn't work and I had to merge those manually).
You misunderstood my post. I'm not talking about merging the old Facebook Jabber contacts, which is what that the Facebook migrator is for.

I'm talking about merging the contacts created by PR1.2 Facebook chat, with ordinary existing contacts which Hermes has already linked to Facebook (by retrieving their images, birthdays, facebook link, etc.)

At the moment after seting up PR 1.2 facebook chat, I now have a double contact entry for each Facebook user in my contacts list.

It would be good if Hermes or something else could merge these.

Cheers,
Menno

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
@Menno,

Yes you're right that will be super cool, because now is a pain in the A... you have to do it manually I'm in the same situation like you.

It will be nice to some one create a tool to merge it manually trying to find and match same name same last name or some to point a create the match like hermes doing it.

Or the OVI suite should have something to manage everything in the PC and use a batch mode to edit and merge.

Originally Posted by menno View Post
I'm talking about merging the contacts created by PR1.2 Facebook chat, with ordinary existing contacts which Hermes has already linked to Facebook (by retrieving their images, birthdays, facebook link, etc.)

At the moment after seting up PR 1.2 facebook chat, I now have a double contact entry for each Facebook user in my contacts list.
I do not think that I misunderstood your post. The Facebook Migrator did exactly what you want. I had double entries for all of my Facebook users - one which Hermes had already linked to Facebook (and which I had also merged with the old Facebook Jabber), and another from PR1.2 Facebook chat. The Facebook Migrator merged almost all of these duplicates. I am sorry that it doesn't work for you.

I do not think that I misunderstood your post. The Facebook Migrator did exactly what you want. I had double entries for all of my Facebook users - one which Hermes had already linked to Facebook (and which I had also merged with the old Facebook Jabber), and another from PR1.2 Facebook chat. The Facebook Migrator merged almost all of these duplicates. I am sorry that it doesn't work for you.
The author of the Facebook Migrator wrote it specifically to merge the old FB Jabber contacts, which I think is why it works for you, as your contacts already had the Jabber details...

For users like me who didnt have the old FB Jabber set up, it wont work.

Cheers,
Menno

can some please help me, i am on PR1.2 and my hermes wont sync

question:
im on pr 1.2 when i click retrieve or refresh
the web browser wont pop up for me to validate, can someone please help me ehere?

Tags
application, birthday, contact, contacts, facebook, fremantle, hermes, information, jaffa, maemo, maemo 5, photo, photos, sync, synchronization, twitter, url, website