Active Topics

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 259 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Cambridge, England
Despite rumours of a non-replaeable battery it looks like it has a separate battery, which I prefer, glad Nokia is keeping the option to easily change batteries. Why did those with test units say it was builtin? Prototypes?

Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by demos View Post
I thought capacitive and stylus exclude each other.
You have to use a special stylus on capacitive screens. A fingernail or just anything won't work.
Registered Linux user #266531.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crashdamage For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
@tissot: yep, it does have an interesting mix of media features it'll be interesting to see how the others will compete.

@NokTokDaddy: anything above 3-4 megapixel don't really matter much anymore, unless you're planning to print them out (onto photo paper) right? personally, it matters more to me if the camera comes with better optics, bigger sensor, good functionalities and features...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 248 | Thanked: 240 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Wiltshire, UK
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
NokTokDaddy: anything above 3-4 megapixel don't really matter much anymore, unless you're planning to print them out (onto photo paper) right? personally, it matters more to me if the camera comes with better optics, bigger sensor, good functionalities and features...
I fully agree. That's why I choose a Nokia/Carl Zeiss camera over 8 and 10Mp cameras on other devices.

But this is not about me. Big numbers sell - allways have. So do nice, tactile cases, pretty colours and stylish looks.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and only runs skin deep, but most buyers are shamefully shallow and un-discerning.

Last edited by NokTokDaddy; 2010-04-27 at 12:03.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Price 370 euros.

So Maemo/Meego devices really are Nokia's high(est) end devices for consumers from now on.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rauha For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,111 | Thanked: 1,985 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Åbo, Finland
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Price 370 euros.

So Maemo/Meego devices really are Nokia's high(est) end devices for consumers from now on.
WOW. Is that an actual price? Feels pretty cheap for that hardware.
Agro ... : [----------] Relic(s) : N95, NGage, Tamyia Wild One

Try Tweed Suit for your hardcore twittering needs
http://twitter.com/mece66
I like my coffee black, like my metal.

Posts: 1,400 | Thanked: 3,751 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Arctic cold of northern .fi
Originally Posted by mece View Post
WOW. Is that an actual price? Feels pretty cheap for that hardware.
Pre-tax price yes.

N97/N900 was about 500 at release, so Symbian has definately lost the consumer high end spot for Nokia. The rumoured S^3 Eseries device is propably gonna be more expensive

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
take a look at these untouched N8 camera sample shots with pre-release firmware they are stunning and quality is sure to get even better before release.
http://conversations.nokia.com/2010/...-n8-untouched/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to NvyUs For This Useful Post:
Wow. That is pretty awesome for a camera phone.

Originally Posted by tissot View Post
2. It seems to be 680mhz that would mean it's OMAP36xx and it's good to remember that TI OMAP3 will beat Snapdragons *** in GPU fight. OMAP3 will also be much more flexible than what Qualcomms Snapdragon is like we have already seen with N900, Droid and Pre.
It's not any kind of OMAP3 (OMAP3s are Cortex8 not ARM11)

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N8

CPU Type ARM 11
CPU Clock Rate 680 MHz
Graphics Processor 3D Graphics HW Accelerator with OpenGL-ES 2.0 support