Active Topics

Did I just experienced first Google calendar notification from event ever in my Jolla days??!!?

The Following User Says Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
I feel like the lack of swipe customization is a huge f*** you to all left handed. I cant live without swipe notifications menu but while im not technically either right ot left handed, i hold the phone with left hand because i can grip the phone better using headphones in jack (in landscape). Its practically impossible to reach right edge with my left hand so i feel crippled.

Finnish keyboard has somehow improved as my typing errors have gone down massively.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to parasemic For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Its practically impossible to reach right edge with my left hand so i feel crippled.
You can access notifications from left side as well.
Or what did you mean? Maybe I did not quite get it...

But it seems that Google notifications are now working. I get alarms from my calendar before meetings.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post:
Posts: 337 | Thanked: 891 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Royaume Uni.
I haven't updated yet, but I am wondering if all apps are still slow to load initially (even tiny native ones)?

Originally Posted by parasemic View Post
Its practically impossible to reach right edge with my left hand so i feel crippled..
For me, this is less of a problem caused by SF OS but rather a problem caused by too big a screen. If I could reach the respective other edge of the screen when using the phone with either one of my small hands, those gestures would not be a problem but rather increase the number of options.

Therefore I really wish we had a smaller Jolla phone. The present device's size just compromises the idea of easy one hand operation - and thus one possible USP of SF OS.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoOppen For This Useful Post:
is it just me or does the unlocking the phone take forever because the crappy side arrows take forever to load.

Originally Posted by NokiaFanatic View Post
I haven't updated yet, but I am wondering if all apps are still slow to load initially (even tiny native ones)?
No change at all. Only detectable change re: performance as far as i can tell is that apps close more swiftly and without hanging now.

Furthermore, I don't think I can use this as a daily driver and will be staying on 1.1.7.28. Some of the UI changes have just made workflow too inefficient, awkward and frustrating. I really hope they actually listen to feedback this time, and at least allow us the option to customise the experience, if they don't change the default one.

Originally Posted by m4r0v3r View Post
is it just me or does the unlocking the phone take forever because the crappy side arrows take forever to load.
you don't need to wait for them, but ridiculously a small swipe won't work, you need a more or less full cross screen swipe (which is never necessary elsewhere in the OS) and feels really inconsistent and annoying if you want to grab your phone and use it quickly.

The Following User Says Thank You to bluefoot For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,195 | Thanked: 2,708 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hanoi
Originally Posted by bluefoot View Post
...you need a more or less full cross screen swipe (which is never necessary elsewhere in the OS) and feels really inconsistent and annoying if you want to grab your phone and use it quickly.
Agreed that a small swipe should be sufficient but you could try and practice releasing your finger in the middle of the screen.

A half the screen swipe is all it takes.

You can start the movement from the side to the middle or from the middle to the side of the screen. Choice, flexibility!

Waiting for Jolla to fix / include "press background of home screen" to bring up 4 favorites even when one ore more applications are open.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ste-phan For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ste-phan View Post

Waiting for Jolla to fix / include "press background of home screen" to bring up 4 favorites even when one ore more applications are open.

+1

(+10 chars)

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KylliOrvokki For This Useful Post: