Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
Anyways, awesome app. I use it every day!
I just wanted to second this - I use it every day, too. Thanks for all your work, TweeGo authors!

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Bookishwitch View Post
I still haven't found where to download this, I can only find Witter.
fine by me ;-)

but I'm guessing that you don't have the extras-devel/extras-testing repositories configured correctly. when you look at the application catalogs that you have configured, what does it show?
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

Originally Posted by dwould View Post
fine by me ;-)

but I'm guessing that you don't have the extras-devel/extras-testing repositories configured correctly. when you look at the application catalogs that you have configured, what does it show?
Not fine by me, I don't like Witter ;-)

This is what I have:

Catalogue name: Extras-Devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Not fine by me, I don't like Witter ;-)

This is what I have:

Catalogue name: Extras-Devel
Web address: http://repository.maemo.org/extras-testing/
Distribution: fremantle
Components: free non-free
That's the address for extras-testing, not extras-devel.

Originally Posted by Rob1n View Post
That's the address for extras-testing, not extras-devel.

Oh, right. So what do I need for extras-devel?

Posts: 529 | Thanked: 262 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Eastleigh, Hampshire, UK
Oh, right. So what do I need for extras-devel?
if you had to guess a way to change the url of the repository that you have, in such a way as to correct it from being for extras-testing, to extras-devel.... what would you guess?
Check out Witter, a twitter client for N900
http://danielwould.wordpress.com/witter

If Witter isn't working for you, eg crashes/doesn't start, gives errors etc etc. Please run it from x-term using:
run-standalone.sh python2.5 /opt/witter/witter.py

This will generate diagnostic output. Without this I cannot help you.

if you had to guess a way to change the url of the repository that you have, in such a way as to correct it from being for extras-testing, to extras-devel.... what would you guess?
Ah! Ok, I've got it. Thanks!

Originally Posted by EverythingBlaxx View Post
Another feature I would like to see. Support for lists.

Now you mentioned that there will be auto-refresh in the next release, will there also be notifications to show how many new tweets/replies/DMs have been received?
As I said, we'll put the auto-refresh not configurable in this version, because we don't actually have space in the screen for another button, but this will be solved in the new interface (actually prettier than the current ). And yes, there we'll be the maemo's yellow banner showing how many tweet/mentions the app downloaded.

Don't really decided the time to auto-update, I was thinking something around 90s.

Has anyone brought up that the timestamp of tweets is incorrect? Either that or they're locked to GMT -0:00

I guess TweeGo has the same problem that witter had, which is that handling the timestamps isn't nearly as straight forward as you'd hope. Not least because twitter returns at least 2 different formats for the timestamp depending on whether you are searching or not.
I guess in C it may be better than python, I had real trouble with the python library not supporting the timestamp notation completely so I had to play around a load to get timestamps 'right'

TweeGo guys, not sure how helpful it would be to you, but feel free to take a look at the witter source, timestamp handling is done in the account.py class in the method parse_time
Yeah, yesterday I was trying to solve this problem and was having some trouble with the notation, but I believe is solved now. The worst part was also discovering the local timezone, so the timestamp could be correctly calculated.

Now it's more like the twitter.com, with the "less than 20 seconds ago", "about xx hours", etc.

Thanks Daniel, I didn't really know that witter was an open source application, I'll take a look in your code for sure!

Got one more. Auto-login. I'm starting to wish we didn't have to log in every time we launch the app
That's another problem that we're trying to solve, and again, we don't have space for a configure button so the user can set proxy, auto login (login screen) and time to auto update, change avatar, number of tweets to download (timeline screen), so those things will have to wait the next version.

Originally Posted by Psymastr View Post
I second that. I <3 This application, but as I live in GMT-5 it kind of stinks that its all GMT+0, and although an auto-login would be nice, I would prefer a different handling of tweets.

Right now it downloads all the avatars and tweets at once (which is fine for wifi and 3g), but if I was on a 2.5g connection or slower, then would it be possible to show the tweets then download the avatars afterwards, so I can read the content as I care more about the content and less about their profile pics.

Anyways, awesome app. I use it every day!
About the avatars, the current stable version freezes all the screen when doing the most of the things, including the expose, so if you have a slow connection, you have to wait till the operation ends, but the one that I put in 4shared let at least you browser your timeline while doing the operations. Probably the next loader will be less restrictive.

Thanks for you comments guys and, again, sorry about the delay between the version, we're trying to release the most bug free app as possible.

Don't ever apologize for taking the time it takes to make an app as good as this one. Thanks for coming here and sharing the progress you're making

Well I've downloaded it, but I can't log in. It just keeps saying "Wrong username/email and password combination".

Help, please?

Tags
tweego, twitter