Active Topics

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
So it's only on Agenda view? wow, that's pretty specific deal breaker you are talking about. Though I can't be the judge what fancy you on a phone but personally, that's quite a minor thing, in fact I don't use Agenda view because it can't give me a sense of reference.
No, this happens in all views. The events are in calender database but calender UI does not show them. Recurring events are visible.

It is possible to make the events visible again by these instructions:

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...9&postcount=19

The bug is suspected to be triggered somehow when the calender is synced to some external service.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post:
This is by far the most annoying bug I've ever experienced on a smartphone. I would downgrade to PR 1.2 to get rid of it but that is not possible... Phone, SMS, calendar and email are the most important applications for me and I need my calendar to plan my appointments multiple months ahead. I sync my calendar with google via CalDAV and that's why the bug occurs, it won't occur if you store everything locally.

The above mentioned workaround does work, but you have to do it every time you want to look further into the future, so it is pretty annoying. What I do is setting every appointment as repeating event (repeating every day but it ends the day it begins so there is only one event in my calendar) and this way all events are displayed in the future. This is just another workaround but more comfortable than the other.

All at all I think it is an audaciousness from Nokia not to fix this bug, it can't be that difficult and that phone was pretty expensive.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Mark Twain For This Useful Post:
I would also consider downgrading to fix this bug, but alas that isn't possible. I've often wondered if it would be possible to just downgrade the various packages associated with the calendar? And if so exactly what would be involved?

The Following User Says Thank You to nbedford For This Useful Post:
Calendar bug,
multi-calendar limitation/bug,
multiple contact accounts limitation,

These make N9 a non-profesionnal phone...

The Following User Says Thank You to KTy For This Useful Post:
I never noticed, not a big deal

The Following User Says Thank You to waldo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 234 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Helsinki
This is a huge issue. Could the solution by wonger be achieved using command line and then run it using Profilematic?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shanttu For This Useful Post:
Posts: 329 | Thanked: 422 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ derpton
Originally Posted by waldo View Post
I never noticed, not a big deal
Chill down everybody, waldo says it's not a big deal so just calm down!

The Following User Says Thank You to herpderp For This Useful Post:
Posts: 697 | Thanked: 137 times | Joined on Jul 2012 @ Hillerød, DK
Originally Posted by shanttu View Post
This is a huge issue. Could the solution by wonger be achieved using command line and then run it using Profilematic?
Try asking at the Profile Matic thread!

The Following User Says Thank You to Garp For This Useful Post: