Active Topics

This makes me really upset you know, I was looking forward to having a UMPC in my pocket instead of an app-phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to MobyTurbo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@MobyTurbo,

But you said you did manage to charge it (at least once?). Try removing the battery for a few minutes, then put it back on and plug the charger. If you don't see any LED activity try to move the cable a bit in case it's not connecting properly (I have 3 N900s and 3 chargers, in some combinations of N900 and charger I have that issue).

Please describe exactly what you see on the LED (blinking red/orange, solid yellow, etc.)

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post:
I did manage to charge it once. OK, I'll try that. The LED is solid yellow (amber) for a while, then blinks red/orange when it starts doing the rebooting thing. Maybe it was repaired poorly and just plugging it in a couple of times worked the solder connection loose again?

OK, it's back to boot looping, after having the battery out of the cell phone over an hour. (I'd packed it up and started using my old phone, as part of the packing, I'd removed the battery.)

It was amber at first while charging, boot looped with it flashing amber, now it's flashing red.

There, I've left negative feedback. Of course, cellphoneforever's sock puppets will leave positive feedback in response. (One purchaser buys half a dozen unrelated items from them and leaves glowing feedback is the pattern to their positive feedback it appears.)

After getting burned like this, I'll think twice before I buy anything significant on eBay from a seller thousands of miles away.

Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
Originally Posted by MobyTurbo View Post
After getting burned like this, I'll think twice before I buy anything significant on eBay from a seller thousands of miles away.
Now process a fraud claim against them with Paypal, you should get your money back, and on Paypals command, the satisfaction of smashing the phone(on video) with a hammer to destroy it.

The Following User Says Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@MobyTurbo,

I guess either the microUSB port is faulty, or the battery is fake/wasted. If you can get your money back, fine. Otherwise you might try getting/borrowing a new/original battery and see if that improves the situation.