Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
+1 to what geneven said. Backupmenu is absolute lifesaver in such situations, and if you haven't had it (and habit of doing backups often) before, be sure to install it, after You set everything up on device, after sad reflash.

/Estel
Agree 100% with your points about backupmenu and making frequent backups....probably been about 2-3 weeks since I did backup though....

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

The Following User Says Thank You to ArchiMark For This Useful Post:
I just reflashed my N900, according to messages in terminal, it appeared to have gone well.....

However, after reflashing, I still can't boot up completely.....so, after discovering the thread about 'rescueOS', I thought I'd give it a try to see if it would allow me to boot up completely....unfortunately, I have not been able to get rescueOS to work right...so, back to 'square one' as we say....

Should I try re-flashing maemo again?

Do you think I need to re-flash the emmc too?

Thanks!

Nokia N900

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 1,292 times | Joined on Oct 2011 @ Tartus.Syria
[OFF\ TOPIC]
i saw many members here hate to reflash because of they need hours to re-install the needed applications so i decided to upload a backup contains all what you need but you must have 4 GB emmc or more im gonna upload it as soon as i can

./sifo

[/OFF\ TOPIC]
https://www.facebook.com/ZoRk7

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sifo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
I just reflashed my N900, according to messages in terminal, it appeared to have gone well.....

However, after reflashing, I still can't boot up completely.....so, after discovering the thread about 'rescueOS', I thought I'd give it a try to see if it would allow me to boot up completely....unfortunately, I have not been able to get rescueOS to work right...so, back to 'square one' as we say....

Should I try re-flashing maemo again?

Do you think I need to re-flash the emmc too?

Thanks!
If you suspect flashing didn't work right, go ahead and flash again. I almost always flash the Emmc too.

The Following User Says Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
If you suspect flashing didn't work right, go ahead and flash again. I almost always flash the Emmc too.
Thanks for the input.....

OK, will flash Emmc too....

Nokia N900

Hit another snag......

When I try to flash Emmc. I get a device busy message...per the wiki, I then did the modprobe command and then tried flashing again, but get same busy message.....

Any suggestions????!

Thanks

Nokia N900

Hit another snag......

When I try to flash Emmc. I get a device busy message...per the wiki, I then did the modprobe command and then tried flashing again, but get same busy message.....

Any suggestions????!

Thanks

did you flash the EMMC 1st?
considering the fact that your N900 doesn't boot up anymore, this may not matter, alas.
that's where it would be handy to have a +real+ backup / restore tool (i.e. partimage) that would allow you to start Rescue OS, indeed, and either use earlier images (both of / and /opt) of your own functioning device or, at default, from any other working N900

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
did you flash the EMMC 1st?
considering the fact that your N900 doesn't boot up anymore, this may not matter, alas.
that's where it would be handy to have a +real+ backup / restore tool (i.e. partimage) that would allow you to start Rescue OS, indeed, and either use earlier images (both of / and /opt) of your own functioning device or, at default, from any other working N900
Well, considering that my initial rootfs flash didn't work out, so can't boot up, flashing EMMC next is like doing it first, right?

Agree that it would be nice if there was better way to deal with this...

Nokia N900

Well, considering that my initial rootfs flash didn't work out, so can't boot up, flashing EMMC next is like doing it first, right?

Agree that it would be nice if there was better way to deal with this...
at the risk of sounding stubborn, did you try to connect it to a LostDOS PC with NOKIA Suite installed (since flashing rootfs)?

The Following User Says Thank You to misterc For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by misterc View Post
at the risk of sounding stubborn, did you try to connect it to a LostDOS PC with NOKIA Suite installed (since flashing rootfs)?
No, didn't do that.....don't know what LostDOS PC is....think I know what NOKIA Suite is though...

i thought you can use NOKIA Suite with Windows PC?....if so, I can possibly try it that way.......

Nokia N900