Active Topics

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
nokia e6 has "retina" display(325ppi)
so stop lieing that nokia does not have an cancer curing life saving coffee making unbelieveably amazing retina display(not that retina display is actualy great, but some people obviously fap and come on everything apple presents them...)
suck on that

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Because I have seen the iPad 3 in the flesh and compared it to my Nokia N9 and my galaxy tab.

Retina display is a load of bollocks to keep the minds of the fanbois occupied.

I'd rather had a slightly better screen resolution - but SUPER AMOLED+ with clear black!

The Following User Says Thank You to rash.m2k For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
Originally Posted by GrimyHR View Post
nokia e6 has "retina" display(325ppi)
so stop lieing that nokia does not have an cancer curing life saving coffee making unbelieveably amazing retina display(not that retina display is actualy great, but some people obviously fap and come on everything apple presents them...)
LOL

LOLing again for 10+

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
i have to disagree. The retina display is way sharper than N9 display. See the link above on microscope based agreement of.pixels. Amoled pentile screens are horrible

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Lumiaman View Post
i have to disagree. The retina display is way sharper than N9 display. See the link above on microscope based agreement of.pixels. Amoled pentile screens are horrible
You're funnier than your nick!

Surely you must've registered here just for trollin'. But that's kind of sad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Soppa For This Useful Post:
lmao. We're talking about actual perceived quality, not the "microscope value", yep? It's amazing, how much bulls**t can be pushed in some people's mind by just simple marketing operation.

I would trade this for amoled everyday, if I could get rid of the damn useless capacitive touchm that is usually bundled with it.

/Estel

// Edit

And please, don't post such crap in N900 section.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
It will look sharper because of the higher pixel per inch ratio. There is no magic behind the Retina display, they just use that term as a marketing gimmick instead of saying "our pixel density is high enough so you won't see any pixels at the optimal viewing distance of an arms length"

And that's the point of it. You can have a 10 foot tall billboard with a display of 1080p, yes when you are stood next to it you will see every pixel but when it is mounted on its pole ten foot in the air, you will be stood at it optimal viewing distance and not see the pixels. Same goes for your lonely old SDTV.

That said though, the idevices do have crisp screens and it did make me wonder why Nokia decided to put such a low res screen on the 808 when it is taking such amazing photos. Could the not have stretched to 800x480 at least?

>And why is this in the N900 board? Can the mods please move this

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MINKIN2 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
im sure you use your mobile phone with microscope but the rest of us(that means normal people) use our phones 30-50cm from our head with maybe prescription glasses for those of us with sight problems...

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GrimyHR For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by MINKIN2 View Post
That said though, the idevices do have crisp screens and it did make me wonder why Nokia decided to put such a low res screen on the 808 when it is taking such amazing photos. Could the not have stretched to 800x480 at least?
Limitations of the Symbian OS?

Posts: 1,237 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
but still 808's screen is great. with such low resolution for a 4 inch screen.

Tags
godwin’s law, pentile, screen res