Posts: 411 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Cambridge, UK
I'm busy too - If I give you my paypal login and password can you just sned yourself the correct amount of money and send me an N950?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tedri Mark For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,038 | Thanked: 1,408 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ London
This listing was ended by the seller because the item is no longer available.

:P

Posts: 256 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Europe
Originally Posted by edworkscomputing View Post
see u no time for this sorry have work to do
you mean like dealing more stolen goods?

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
Originally Posted by pycage View Post
Technically this would be selling stolen goods as the N950 is property of Nokia. N950 are just loaners.
If someone takes the risk, why not try? With high probability, It is not that Nokia will re-purpose them and include stuff into further HWKB- and full Linux-based devices... it's more assumable that they will be either destroyed or land in the hands of privileged Nokians.

I would just see this as flippin' "Nokia" the Bird for the **** they continuously pulled with MeeGo as well as developers / community.

Originally Posted by don_falcone View Post
If someone takes the risk, why not try? With high probability, It is not that Nokia will re-purpose them and include stuff into further HWKB- and full Linux-based devices... it's more assumable that they will be either destroyed or land in the hands of privileged Nokians.

I would just see this as flippin' "Nokia" the Bird for the **** they continuously pulled with MeeGo as well as developers / community.
And as a parting shot they'll blacklist the phone's IMEI number, so the buyer is gonna be pretty p!ssed.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
And as a parting shot they'll blacklist the phone's IMEI number, so the buyer is gonna be pretty p!ssed.
It wouldn't make much difference in practice, as the N950 is bloody useless as a phone. It can't hold a 3g signal for toffee.

My website

GitHub

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
I'm thinking of CNCing a hinge/slide clip for the N9, to be attached to a $10 Bluetooth keyboard that's about the size of the N9.

Also, who'd pay 1250 quid for the most unsupported phone on the planet, next to OpenMoko stuff? It's cool, but it's inferior to the N9, with the exception of the HWKB (the VKB on the N9 is "good enough", though)

Posts: 1,523 | Thanked: 1,997 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ not your mom's FOSS basement
(...despite the HP TouchPad having one of the best batches of VKB's, i still bought a real BT HWKB because the speed and accuracy is unmatchable.)
For 600-700, the 950 would be quite ok. _Unless_ there's the possibility to install Nemo et al on recent Droids.

Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
I'm thinking of CNCing a hinge/slide clip for the N9, to be attached to a $10 Bluetooth keyboard that's about the size of the N9.
Now that would be interesting to see. I haven't seen many mobile phone case mods apart from the "Steampunk" stuff and my own little N900 case mod.

Sorry for going off the rails a wee bit.

Were N950s produced in Bochum? Wonder if on annoucement of closure someone didn't produce extra few thousand of the rarest phones, you know, parting gift. At this price it's few million quid, not bad