Active Topics

yeah but I'm using the official charger atm.
and usb chargin method threw pc is a workaround, and definitely not charging as much as a real charger for me

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
ya more or less its something to do with the electrical voltages not really a software issue. charging from a desktop via usb solves the problem cuz of the lower voltage passed thro.

Try using the original charger or a blackberry charger as they usually have lower voltages and this problem will be minimized.

I am using the original charger :/

Banned | Posts: 706 | Thanked: 296 times | Joined on May 2010
I don't know why people are trying to minimize this problem. It's a BIG problem if you want to use the phone while charging and it should be fixed

gasp, hope I was the only one thinking this
If this issue was on a Iphone, we would hear about it 'til the moon ...

Posts: 417 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ At your mom's house, with my feet up!
yes, i agree that it is a problem. its gotta be something with the voltage of the standby screen. has anyone used the video out cable with the standby screen on and phone charging? it causes video framerate reduction, when the standby screen comes on.

Originally Posted by optimistprime View Post
yes, i agree that it is a problem. its gotta be something with the voltage of the standby screen. has anyone used the video out cable with the standby screen on and phone charging? it causes video framerate reduction, when the standby screen comes on.
Very important information here !
Can you add a comment to the bug already created please ?
http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=464
And add a vote would be really nice rom you !

Posts: 115 | Thanked: 116 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Helsinki
I've used the normal charger that comes with the N9, also older chargers (E75, N900 etc.), and I can't say I have this problem. Mine works just as it would without it being plugged in.

so you're lucky
Mine is almost unusable while charging

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Maybe the screen is calibrated to charging in Finland? Finnish people and Nokia thus cannot reproduce this behavior, while several people in other countries have it.