Active Topics

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Umm, hey great work and thanks for the initiative F2thak. How about a wiki page for this like to the N900 Conversation Mods?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
hmm not able to change the background so easily......

changed bubbles (for me)

didnt have much luck so far...
It seems I can change the colour of the text input area, but my changes to the background do not show :S I wonder why :S

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

N900 Conversations Wiki Page

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Umm, hey great work and thanks for the initiative F2thak. How about a wiki page for this like to the N900 Conversation Mods?
I think we should hold off on the Wiki page till we have something more substantial to document, atm its not really possible to mess with much, so lets get some more progress on the customising of backgrounds ect. Then we can make a wiki

N900 Died Replaced with N8, Requested E7, "Accidentally Broke E7", Now rolling with an N9 and im loving it!

My Contributions

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Just been taking a look through the N9 Theme files, I have found what seems to be the .css file for the messaging just as we had on the N900

@ejas reckon you could take a look and have a play with it? I can test it for you as well if you want

The location of the file is

Code:
/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libmessagingwidgets0/style/
Seems like maybe we could get an avatar next to the bubble like our N900 Mods, and even other mods if possible

My Contributions

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Awesome! Unfortunately I'm still waitiing for the DHL fairy to deliver my N9, so it will have to wait.

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

Originally Posted by ejasmudar View Post
Awesome! Unfortunately I'm still waitiing for the DHL fairy to deliver my N9, so it will have to wait.
Lemme attach the .css file and i can test it while you await your N9 to be delivered

I'm having a very confusing issue changing the background colour, I don't understand where the hell this thing reads the background colour from!

I have changed BOTH background files to be black and dark grey, yet it still flipping stays the default colour!

Ejas if you could please alter this .css file i've attached to change my texts writing colour to white
Attached Files
File Type: zip libmessagingwidgets0.zip (1.9 KB, 91 views)

My Contributions

This is really starting the annoy me! Why wont this damn phone accept any changes?? :S

Why did Nokia decide to remove the ability to switch themes, its like the default theme is preloaded somewhere and its not possible to change! I cannot adjust even the text colours meaning that changing the bubble colours ends up making text harder to read :/

Not quite sure whats going on but hopefully someone can shed some light on this..

EDIT: Progress made! Managed to change the background! Seems Nokia are using a file with constants that have to be met in order for the images to work, going to take awhile to figure this out, hopefully someone can have better luck There are two constants files located in both the base and blanco theme folders, the file in the blanco files seems to be the one that affects the background

Code:
/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/constants.ini

Code:
/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/constants.ini
The only reason I am reverting to the default white and grey background for the moment is that my altered background is in in all conversations view meaning i cant see the names of the contacts clearly and even in the email client Needs alot of tweaking, but will be perfect with some work
Attached Images

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-12-05 at 19:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by F2thaK View Post
I was hoping I could make it look like my theme on N900
OT,

What theme is that?

WARNING! THIS IS EXPERIMENTAL AND STILL IN BETA

THE FILES AND INSTRUCTIONS HERE ARE ONLY IN ORDER FOR US TO MAKE PROGRESS ON MAKING A FULLY FUNCTIONING BUG-FREE BLACK THEME!

THE CURRENT VERSION HAS A TEXT INPUT BUG WHERE THE COLOURS ARE THE SAME MEANING TEXT DOESN'T SHOW!

I have done it This is a Dark Conversations theme for Messages AND Email

If you want to have my latest work on your N9 then here are the instructions

To install using SSH:

1. Copy the constants.ini file within the blanco folder to:

Code:
/usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/
2. Copy the constants.ini file within the base folder to:

Code:
/usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/
To install via X-term:

1. Copy the two folders from the archive to your MyDocs folder.

2. Enter the following commands:

Code:
devel-su
rootme
cd /home/user/MyDocs/
cp -rf blanco/* /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/
cp -rf base/* /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/
3. Exit X-term and reboot

PS. Currently working on making the Avatar images and Favourites images much nicer for this black theme
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip Black Theme.zip (4.7 KB, 123 views)

My Contributions

Last edited by godofwar424; 2011-12-05 at 19:51.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to godofwar424 For This Useful Post: