Active Topics

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hello
I have some questions..
1) I will get my phone from Russia or Ukraine or Serbia... But I live in Israel.. In Navifirm the third tab include the israeli models region...

Can I flash my phone with this image ? or I need choose only the region that phone come from (Russia or Ukraina or Serbia)?

2) In the "Files" tab I see some files marked, and the last one the image: DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4_PR_LEGACY_001-OEM1-958_ARM.bin
And one above (not marked): DFL61_HARMATTAN_20.2011.40-4.NOMAPS_EMMC_NOMAPS.bin

I need all this marked files or only the last one ?
Thanks
You can only flash files from the region code mentioned on the sim tray...

you need the legacy file as it the firmware for the phone... the EMMC is to flash EMMC....

Last edited by devilsown; 2011-11-12 at 10:40. Reason: change

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devilsown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Thanks
Can you please explain, what this "sim tray" ? Where I check this ?

Thanks
Can you please explain, what this "sim tray" ? Where I check this ?
the sim tray is located on the top of your device... first you need to press the little knob on the top of your phone next to the 3.5mm music jack.. the usb charging latch will open up..

slide the tray next to it ( marked with a line ) towards the earphone jack and release it... You can now pull out the sim tray... On this tray you will find a 6 digit code which will match the same in navifirm..

The Following User Says Thank You to devilsown For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
i don't know why would you want it to flash like that if you don't want to change to other version of pr (i mean 005, 001 and etc), if you can use old good PC suite, i updated with it, though it said in PC Suite after update it failed ( just think it doesn't know to check right) , it updated my phone, no known bugs with kernel flashing problems, everything is working fine and flawless.

Originally Posted by devilsown View Post
the sim tray is located on the top of your device... first you need to press the little knob on the top of your phone next to the 3.5mm music jack.. the usb charging latch will open up..

slide the tray next to it ( marked with a line ) towards the earphone jack and release it... You can now pull out the sim tray... On this tray you will find a 6 digit code which will match the same in navifirm..
Thank you for detailed explanation !

hhhmmm, maybe you also can explain, what can happens if I will try to flash with another region code, but the same 64GB and the same color ?
I thought if we'll install image with another region code, but with same GB and same color, maybe it's only change the language pack ?

Thanks

Last edited by Schturman; 2011-11-12 at 16:08.

Anyone find a way to download the firmware without windows? If a flasher for linux is available, surely there is a way to download the firmware using linux.

I can't find a match for the region code on my sim tray..
Will it be fine if I go for another region code?

I have a Starhub (Singapore) branded handset..but none of the region codes seem to match..

My region code is 059L3V7

The Following User Says Thank You to ujwalsoni For This Useful Post:
hhhmmm, maybe you also can explain, what can happens if I will try to flash with another region code, but the same 64GB and the same color ?
I thought if we'll install image with another region code, but with same GB and same color, maybe it's only change the language pack ?

Thanks
yes it is possible to flash a different region code as long as the size and color remains the same... i have not done it as i found no great difference... but yes it can be done..

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to devilsown For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ujwalsoni View Post
I can't find a match for the region code on my sim tray..
Will it be fine if I go for another region code?

I have a Starhub (Singapore) branded handset..but none of the region codes seem to match..

My region code is 059L3V7
i guess you have the star hub 64GB version which is branded... you can try and use the NDT singapore version ...64GB black( if yours is too)... just to ensure that you don not brick the device i would suggest that you take a back up and try to flash the same firmware not PR 1.1 ... once you have that installed successfully you can then easily update to PR 1.1... ( 059J239 is the NDT region code for Singapore 64GB BLACK)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to devilsown For This Useful Post: