Active Topics

Those .deb files are the actual apps for the 770. The fastest way to install it is use your 770 to browse to the URL and let it download the file (choose 'Open') ans it will automatically install the app. You can also copy the .deb file on your card and using the 770 file manager, double click on the file and it will install it.

Originally Posted by Reggie
You need to install X-Terminal from here:
http://770.fs-security.com/xterm/
THX
I installed xterm & re-booted. It works fine. I entered the first command line w/o problems, but when I entered

$ ./mDNSResponder

I get an error message that

./mDNSResponder not found

Am I missing something?

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Did you install the rhythmbox .deb before you opened the xterm?

When you get the error message "not found" try typing "pwd" - what does it show? The first command (the cd) is intended to change to the directory that rhythmbox has been installed too.

Sounds like you've only installed xterm (or the first command didn't work)

Brad.

you missed a step. it should be:

$cd /var/lib/install/usr/bin/
$./mDNSResponder

Originally Posted by MACDADDY
THX
I installed xterm & re-booted. It works fine. I entered the first command line w/o problems, but when I entered

$ ./mDNSResponder

I get an error message that

./mDNSResponder not found

Am I missing something?

THX

I finally got it installed properly. The rythm app is such a memory hog!. I have a large Mp3 collection & I suspect this is partially to blame. One more question, the DNSResponder must be installed every time after booting the 770? Or is it a permanent installation?

It's a beta app. I would think that DNSResponder will be in a menu or somewhere to turn on or off. At least it works now.

Originally Posted by Reggie
It's a beta app. I would think that DNSResponder will be in a menu or somewhere to turn on or off. At least it works now.
I didn't mean to come across as complaining. I realize it is beta & I appreciate the efforts of software developers. This app has a lot of potential. Just think about it . . . the power of a 60gb ipod . . . all on your 770! Wow!

THX for the help guys.

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
I tried playing with this tonight and every time I try to play a file shared via iTunes it seems to kill Rythmbox. Basically, I do:

1. reboot
2. connect to the WLAN
3. open an xterm and start "mDNSResponder"
4. start Rythmbox
5. Select my playlist, see a file.
6. Double-click, window disappears. Can't ever seem to get it back. I see an icon on the left, but nothing else.

Anybody else?

Originally Posted by bradb
I tried playing with this tonight and every time I try to play a file shared via iTunes it seems to kill Rythmbox. Basically, I do:
6. Double-click, window disappears. Can't ever seem to get it back. I see an icon on the left, but nothing else.

Anybody else?
I see the same behaviour with the newest OS.

Well, I have everything set up as required but my 770 cant see any files, although iTunes can. I'm using mt-daapd on a linux box in my network to serve files. I've started mDSNResonder, but it doesnt seem to find the feed. Any ideas?