Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by danramos View Post
Because... high demand and low supply.. THAT's what kills a product? It did pretty good for the Wii.
Of course it's some sort of indication that supply > demand...

But if said company does not have enough product to sell at the right time, they may miss out some of the sales too (especially impulse buyers, etc).

I'm sure a permanent short supply isn't the case, being that ASUS is a gigantic portable electronic manufacturer... but they better strike the iron while its hot... or something.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

The Following User Says Thank You to ysss For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
There are 2 USB ports on the keyboard, none on the tablet. Looks great, just need some money now...

The Following User Says Thank You to JohnLF For This Useful Post:
Posts: 88 | Thanked: 411 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ southern Italy
Funny enough, the promotional video shows a teen guy who makes girls say "w00t" because the tablet has a secondary battery and a touchscreen game. That's what we call "originality"

Posts: 874 | Thanked: 316 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ London UK
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Of course it's some sort of indication that supply > demand...

But if said company does not have enough product to sell at the right time, they may miss out some of the sales too (especially impulse buyers, etc).

I'm sure a permanent short supply isn't the case, being that ASUS is a gigantic portable electronic manufacturer... but they better strike the iron while its hot... or something.
The story is that they are holding back until Honeycomb is finished and applications are available.

Sorry I don't have the link to the original article but it is referenced here, and mention made to Phandroid
http://androidcommunity.com/honeycom...oems-20110416/

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Of course it's some sort of indication that supply < demand
Corrected for you.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
There are 2 USB ports on the keyboard, none on the tablet. Looks great, just need some money now...
Yes, none on the tablet, but there is nothing like a proprietary USB cable. From the anandtech review:

ASUS ships the Eee Pad with a 40-pin ASUS dock to USB cable as well as a USB to AC adapter for wall charging.

I would find it hard to believe that with a female-to-female adapter that you couldn't mount a flash drive.

The Following User Says Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,148 | Thanked: 613 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Toronto
I ordered it in Canada Computers but it wont arrive for a week or two

As for the software glitches ASUS said they fixed majority of them in the final product. Besides being an N900 owner I kinda willing to accept those issues hehe unlike Nokia and Maemo , ASUS and Google will support Eee Pad and Android for a long time

Check out Anand's review posted by daperl Its really comprehensive and unbiased

"I'm a N900 user, can I haz Flash 10 plz?!11!?" © Jaffa

Elopocalypse started on 11.02.2011

Last edited by HellFlyer; 2011-04-27 at 16:53.

The Following User Says Thank You to HellFlyer For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Originally Posted by daperl View Post
Yes, none on the tablet, but there is nothing like a proprietary USB cable.
[...]
I would find it hard to believe that with a female-to-female adapter that you couldn't mount a flash drive.
Well, if you look to the Galaxy Tab, that is the previous new-kid-on-the-block, it also has an ominous proprietary connector, which ends in male usb. You put on a female-to-female connector, hook an usb stick...
...and nothing gets mounted.
Afaik no xda-developer has yet made it work.
So, let's hope the Transformer can do it, but I wouldn't bet it's either out-of-the-box or a quick thing to get.

The Following User Says Thank You to debernardis For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Well, if you look to the Galaxy Tab, that is the previous new-kid-on-the-block, it also has an ominous proprietary connector, which ends in male usb. You put on a female-to-female connector, hook an usb stick...
...and nothing gets mounted.
Afaik no xda-developer has yet made it work.
So, let's hope the Transformer can do it, but I wouldn't bet it's either out-of-the-box or a quick thing to get.
From the review:

The dock also adds two USB ports which you can use for USB sticks or external storage and a SD card slot.
I'm guessing out-of-the box it will work.

Transformer: ASUS + Honeycomb
Galaxy Tab: Samsung + Froyo?

Slightly different animals.

Posts: 1,062 | Thanked: 961 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Boston, MA
One thing they got right (where the Atrix failed miserably) is the pricing of the docking station. $399 USD + $199 is much better than $499 + $499.

Sick of your cell signal not reconnecting after coming out of a bad signal area? Vote for this bug.

The Following User Says Thank You to cfh11 For This Useful Post:

Tags
decepticons, transformer, want one