Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
i used privus mobile for my e90 here in the usa.

not sure how they got the caller info, but it worked without fail!

if someone knows how to open that software, maybe they can see what they were using.

here is where i got it.

http://www.privusmobile.com/mobile-caller-id.html

edit: sorry, i poste the wrong link first time.

Last edited by ceroberts75; 2011-03-07 at 19:32.

Posts: 472 | Thanked: 195 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India, Mumbai
i hav installed it...but dunno how it works... am from india..does this caller id shows result in india...??

Posts: 800 | Thanked: 957 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ India
Hmm, this can be used for another application. One of my requirement/dream was to have the 'note' field of the contact be shown when the contact calls.
This app can probably be adapted to read the notes data and show it as a banner. Anybody?

My apps for N9:
LockScreenQuotes
USbS

If you feel I have helped you, don't forget to press Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to ejasmudar For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mga View Post
Great job @ovekaaven!

Here the ch.xml for switzerland:

Code:
<config>
  <directory>
    <query>http://tel.search.ch/?tel=</query>
    <name>
      <find class="fn"/>
    </name>
  </directory>
</config>
best regards,
Martin
What should I do to the address customer?

<config>
<directory>
<name>
<find class="fn"/>
</name>
<adr>
<find class="adrgroup street-address">
</adr>
</directory>
</config>

so, it doesn't do you have me a tip

Posts: 139 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Planet Earth for now!
So this would be similar to a service called Flytrap or Beartrap, but we need to find a services that has the database to get the info from is that correct?
Would tnid.org be of any use, it give location and provider info, but not name of caller.

Originally Posted by MohammadAG View Post
Add the file to the deb and make it install to the location I mentioned above.
This way it'll auto start and you can start/stop callerid from terminal
Yes, using upstart was an option I considered, but I'm not sure whether connecting to X (in order to show user interface) would be possible that way (i.e., is it possible that upstart starts my stuff before it starts the X server?).

Certainly on a desktop computer doing this would be an extremely bad idea (it should run from the X init stuff instead, i.e. started along with your desktop environment), but whether it's OK on the N900, I don't know yet.

Originally Posted by tuncy View Post
What should I do to the address customer
It's not supported yet, although I've been considering adding it at some point. If you want to add it to the config now, I'd suggest <address>, but it'll just be ignored by the code, until I've finally implemented support for showing addresses.

But it's not at the top of my list, I have more important stuff to add first, and I don't have much spare time to do it. I have to work a lot to be able to pay my bills, and stuff...

Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
So this would be similar to a service called Flytrap or Beartrap, but we need to find a services that has the database to get the info from is that correct?
I'm not familiar with those, do you have links to what they can do?

My program cannot currently unmask hidden numbers (I wouldn't know how, and Nokia's cellular modem stuff is quite closed and locked down anyway), though I wouldn't say no to seeing technical details about how to do so.

Yes, it's correct that someone needs to find some service that can do a reverse directory lookup online, but if that person shares their config file, everyone else should be able to use it, I'll happily drop them into future versions of the program.

Originally Posted by AgentZ View Post
Would tnid.org be of any use, it give location and provider info, but not name of caller.
It apparently just does a numbering plan lookup, not an actual directory lookup. The numbering plan could probably be stored in the program's own XML files if such information is of interest. For example, the us_ca.xml might contain things like

<area code="202" id="dc">Washington DC</area>
<area code="613203" id="on">Ottawa, ON</area>
<area code="613204" id="on">Ottawa, ON</area>
<area code="613205" id="on">Smiths Falls, ON</area>
<area code="684" id="as">American Samoa</area>
<area code="815500" id="il">Chicago, IL</area>
<area code="815501" id="il">Dekalb, IL</area>

This kind of lookup could then always be done by the program even if you do not have an Internet connection. (No, I haven't implemented this yet, but it could be done if people want it.)

Update: I've decided that such a database would be too massive to put into the main XML like this, since the program would keep the whole thing in RAM permanently. For city lookup I'll probably add a separate file, probably plaintext (not XML) for now.

Last edited by ovekaaven; 2011-03-13 at 15:32.

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
a local stored area code directory db for usa and perhaps worldwide would be more ideal and much faster response for this type of app than pulling from internet.

Originally Posted by tuncy View Post
What should I do to the address customer?

<config>
<directory>
<name>
<find class="fn"/>
</name>
<adr>
<find class="adrgroup street-address">
</adr>
</directory>
</config>

so, it doesn't do you have me a tip
how about:
Code:
<config>
<directory>
<name>
<find class="fn"/>
</name>
<adr>
<find class="adrgroup">
</adr>
</directory>
</config>
how can i test adress results with 'callerid'? Is it made to search for adresses at all? or just for Name of caller?