Active Topics

Haha yeah I knew about it

Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Ok, I have the source code as well as a binary compiled for linux (arm and i386). There is also a simple "hello, world!" program and a URL link to a game called Lost Kingdoms which you can download and play.

Will need to read up how to package a .deb file and how to put that into the extras-testing repo.

The URL to the tar.gz file is http://www.renegade-uiq.com/maemo5/b...**-1.01.tar.gz

To install directly to your phone, go to terminal on your N900:

$ sudo gainroot
# wget -c http://www.renegade-uiq.com/maemo5/b...**-1.01.tar.gz
# tar -zxvf brain****-1.01.tar.gz
# cp brain****/bin/linux-arm/bf /usr/bin/

This copies the bf (brain**** runtime interpreter) to /usr/bin/ so that you can run bf from any location.

To test a brain**** program, go:

# cd brain****/bf
# bf hello.bf

You can also download tons of small cute brain**** program simply by googling for it. I strongly suggest Lost Kingdom... cool game... source code is 2MB+ in size.

Now, I need to find out where I can create a deb packager for Ubuntu...

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to post them here and if it's urgent (really?) ajack2001my@yahoo.com

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ajack For This Useful Post:
Posts: 288 | Thanked: 175 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Petaling Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
Opps... looks like the forums censor words and when you see "****" it's supposed to be a really bad word.

Posts: 1,012 | Thanked: 817 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ France

Has anyone tried brain**** yet? No comments?

Posts: 3,790 | Thanked: 5,718 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Vienna, Austria
i had to build a new computer for a friend of mine during the weekend (exciting... when was the last time i went shopping for CPUs, RAM, DVD-burners, motherboards... install ubuntu... and have it work right from the start?), so i didn't follow this thread.

seems like fun! need to try it when i'm home!

Yes, Ubuntu rocks!!!! Been using Ubuntu since 5.04... Remember to try Lost Kingdom in brain**** as well...

hehe ... works. i downloaded the tarball here at the office to my PC, extracted the bf-binary only and copied it over to the N900.

i was surprised btw to see that the application itself is written in pascal. i wonder if the autobuilder for the extras repository can handle this. does anybody know?
Attached Images

The Following User Says Thank You to benny1967 For This Useful Post:
Try Lost Kingdom... you'll be amazed what bf can do...

i found a bf file "lost kingdom", but it seems to have issues with line breaks or something... don't know how to describe it ... sometimes the last character of a word is at a new line and then this one character will be repeated 3 times, each time starting a new line with this 1 char only.

doesn't look too good and makes reading awful.

do you have aworking dl-link you can recommend?