Active Topics

Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
Found a bug. It will not find "dropn900" cause the file it looks in starts with leading spaces. Need to figure out how to compensate that in the awk command.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Add me on twitter @almehdin
Visit the swedish maemo/meego community forums

Now i can have all apps in single desktop,Thank-x guys
Attached Images

Great to hear c:drive

I have solved the "dropn900" problem yesterday.. but still have problem whit finding the "fapman" icon. So i have not released the new version yet. I will do so as soon as i can.

Make your desktop look awesome - use the AwOken Theme with the AwOken Icon Theme.

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by AlMehdi View Post
Looks like Black Plastic uses the original icon-theme. Should not be too difficult.. coming with a new version shortly.
Noup, Plastic uses it's own icon theme, but does not include icons for applications (they are automaticly taken from hicolor -icon theme). I think your script should anyway (no matter what icon theme is deined in gtkrc file) resize the hicolor icons ALSO because that's where 3rd party programs places their icons (usually).

Haven't looked through your script, it might do this already.

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Would be great if this could be extended to resize contacts shortcuts. That is what I need to resize above all else.

I do not have my n900 at the moment (out for repairs) so cannot try this out at the moment. Just a quick question though - - use transparent short cut backgrounds. Will this retain the transparent backgrounds?

Originally Posted by D-Iivil View Post
Noup, Plastic uses it's own icon theme, but does not include icons for applications (they are automaticly taken from hicolor -icon theme). I think your script should anyway (no matter what icon theme is deined in gtkrc file) resize the hicolor icons ALSO because that's where 3rd party programs places their icons (usually).

Haven't looked through your script, it might do this already.
Thats right! It looks for the programs on the desktop. If they lay in hicolor.. it will change them there. If they have a custom made in another theme it will change them too. So sometimes it will change two icons and sometimes just one.. depending on the theme.

edit: When i tried the Black Plastic theme it did not change my icons (except the background). They where all from hicolor. When i looked at the "/etc/hildon/theme/index.theme" it said "default" which normally mean the stock icons. Does this change if you change something in the Black Plastic config?

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-09-12 at 11:01.

Originally Posted by etuoyo View Post
Would be great if this could be extended to resize contacts shortcuts. That is what I need to resize above all else.

I do not have my n900 at the moment (out for repairs) so cannot try this out at the moment. Just a quick question though - - use transparent short cut backgrounds. Will this retain the transparent backgrounds?
I would love to have that too. But the hildon-home i am using was made by Matan. I have no knowledge about hacking that. It might not even be in hildon-home you can set this.

The transparent background is just an image like all the others. Desktop Shortcut Resizer should treat it the same way. It should resize it.. but it will still be transparent and not be visible.

Last edited by AlMehdi; 2010-09-12 at 12:07.

The Following User Says Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Posts: 254 | Thanked: 95 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ New Delhi, India
I tried beta7 today... it seems there was some error in installing hildon-home by Matan. The script installation completed though. When I changed the icon and background size, the icon size changes but not the background image for pressed mode. The output from xterm was:

/home/user # desktop-shortcut -l
Executing the script!
/usr/sbin/desktop-shortcut: line 180: wget: not found
dpkg: error processing hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb': No such file or directory
Dowload and installation successful.

Can you help please?

A new version beta9 have been released. Download it from the first post. It will now find both Dropn900 and fapman.

Originally Posted by navsin View Post
I tried beta7 today... it seems there was some error in installing hildon-home by Matan. The script installation completed though. When I changed the icon and background size, the icon size changes but not the background image for pressed mode. The output from xterm was:

/home/user # desktop-shortcut -l
Executing the script!
/usr/sbin/desktop-shortcut: line 180: wget: not found
dpkg: error processing hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb (--install):
cannot access archive: No such file or directory
Errors were encountered while processing:
hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb
rm: cannot remove '/tmp/hildon-home_0.3.66-2+0m5_armel.deb': No such file or directory
Dowload and installation successful.

Can you help please?
It looks like you didn't install wget. Did you get the dialog asking you to install it? If not maybe you did not install Zenity in the first step.. you need to choose "y" in the terminal to install Zenity.