Active Topics

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by iball View Post
I'm done with Nokia's built-in RSS reader.
Someone needs to build a better one.
Not much point complaining here - complaints in Bugzilla carry far more weight and might result in the situation improving.

Originally Posted by Milhouse View Post
Not much point complaining here - complaints in Bugzilla carry far more weight and might result in the situation improving.
As long as the bug is already listed it should result in the situation improving.
Seriously, do bugs need to be "voted on" to get fixed at Nokia?
That's a pretty broken bug system. Bug should get fixed as they're listed.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Not at all - Nokia have stated that due to limited resources they prioritise bug fixes according to bug activity/comments/votes (ie. perceived need). This bug has no votes, and Nokia are unable to reproduce it so more info will help and more comments will show there is increased demand for a fix.

No comments == no interest.

Of you're correct that in an ideal world bugs should be fixed as they're reported, but when resources are limited and working on other stuff (new features etc.) they have to prioritise the bug fixes for existing features along with the new developments.

Originally Posted by chrisoz View Post
They need to support OPML file imports as I can't be bothered having to go through the process of setting up all the RSS feeds again. Good example of why I increasingly don't like locally hosted stuff on anything, or if something is locally hosted that I have it backed up or replicated elsewhere (all my RSS feeds are on Netvibes, having recently moved over to that from the mind numbingly dull Live.com).
Did you try either of these?

- In the Address field, enter the URL/file location for the OPML file

or

- RSS feed reader - menu - Feed - Add... - Browse

then select the OPML file?

The help file says this will work but I haven't tried it myself.