Notices

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
alternative to the +0.1mhz button -

store 4 or 5 preset frequencies, corresponding to car stereo presets, pressing widget button will set transmitter to next stored frequecy and restart.

i know very little of coding but perhaps this could be achieved with a simple script and queen beecon widget to change the transmit frequency used by the fm transmit//bost widget???

thoughts or ideas?

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 50 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ leigh-on-sea, UK
wow, a thread with progression and no squabbling.

am i in the right place?

like.

The Following User Says Thank You to amebes For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,751 | Thanked: 844 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sweden
I made my own widget with QBW cause i didn't like the size of the origninal fmtx-widget. I have shrinked my shortcuts so i wanted it to be the same size as they. You might be able to do this with QBW. If you ask NO!NO!NO!Yes! nicely he might help you with it. He is a nice guy

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AlMehdi For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by amebes View Post

am i in the right place?

like.
lol that may be because i'm largely responding to my own ideas, rest assured i do argue with myself and even flame myself a little, but i'll keep that off TMO for now!

[/QUOTE]

thanks for the suggestion, must confess i haven't used queenbeecon too much, so i'm gonna look into it myself a bit more first before i bother him for help, would be a little rude going in completely ignorant because then i'd basically be asking him to do all the work for me!

don't mind asking the community in general if they'd like to take the idea and run with it, and take the credit since they'd be doing all the coding etc which i'd never learn, but if it is a matter of a simple script then i'll do some homework before specifically asking someone to do it.

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post

thanks for the suggestion, must confess i haven't used queenbeecon too much, so i'm gonna look into it myself a bit more first before i bother him for help, would be a little rude going in completely ignorant because then i'd basically be asking him to do all the work for me!

don't mind asking the community in general if they'd like to take the idea and run with it, and take the credit since they'd be doing all the coding etc which i'd never learn, but if it is a matter of a simple script then i'll do some homework before specifically asking someone to do it.
Be my guest

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
Be my guest
lol! oh well then.... mr No!No!No!Yes! will u do my homework for me please?

haha i cant even find the file where the transmit frequency is stored, never mind making a script to edit it! :/

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Originally Posted by amebes View Post
And you needed to fill the void, of course...

Originally Posted by festivalnut View Post
lol! oh well then.... mr No!No!No!Yes! will u do my homework for me please?

haha i cant even find the file where the transmit frequency is stored, never mind making a script to edit it! :/
I will support building the beecon's architecture and logic but I'll let the radio specific homeworks to someone else!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by No!No!No!Yes! View Post
I will support building the beecon's architecture and logic but I'll let the radio specific homeworks to someone else!!!
cant ask for more than that! Thankyou very much!

well it looks like we could be making some serious progress towards this unfortunately my progress in understanding how to actually do any of it isn't very good at all!

does anyone else have the knowledge and inclination to chip in and help make it a reality?

still dont seem to have a proper gauge of how much interest there really is in the ideas presented here, and please feel free to leave alternative suggestions etc.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post: