Posts: 4,384 | Thanked: 5,524 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ ˙ǝɹǝɥʍou
Originally Posted by benny1967 View Post
the world?
Ok Benny, we get how much you hate US of A.

At the time there was a surge of popularity of flip phones in Asia too. I've no idea how it was in europe at the time.
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

Follow the MeeGo Coding Competition!

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Here's a clue, ysss. He'll point to Wikipedia or something else that will state the following:
"The popularity of RAZR in the United States was never replicated worldwide. While at first successful as a fashion phone abroad, its newer and cheaper models never became iconic."
That statement is at Wikipedia, and apparently a phone selling 110 million, boosting Motorola into 2nd place right behind Nokia was apparently only sold in the US.

Meh. Typical. One word behind held unto so tightly makes no sense.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Moved to General, although it might be better in Competitors.

Anyway, please don't fight guys.

I hated the RAZR with a passion. Besides making some stupid BLOOP! - BLOOP! - BLOOP! sound that further embarrasses the user whenever they try to turn their phone to silent, I discovered it makes a BEEP! sound every ten minutes whenever my roommate missed a call or something. Yeah, that was REAL conducive to my sleep when it goes off at three in the morning!

A one-time audio alert and a small, dinky, flashing LED for notifications is the way to do it, folks!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Helsinki
People loved that thing in the UK as well. I remember when, about 18 months after release, it was already out of date they released a pink one and people went out and bought them all over again!! Despite the fact that they often developed the usual Motorola problems like not knowing if they are charged or not!

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 23 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Dallas, Texas
I loved mine. It was a great phone, with execelent reception. Software was not great, and was slow. I think motorola should have updated the software and internals all in the same case. Mine lasted several years before it died and by then they weren't made anymore. I still like flip phones for their large screen for size, and protection for that screen.

110 million units was a pretty insane mound of mobiles.

So what do you guys think if motorola releases a flip phone with dual touch screens, powered by android? Razor NG...
Agro ... : [###-------] | Relic(s) : iPhone 4S, Atrix, Milestone, N900, N800, N95, HTC G1, Treos, Zauri, BB 9000, BB 9700, etc

No past tense for me.

I got my RAZR free with Verizon's "Free Every 2" plan and it's still rock solid after 4 years, numerous mishandlings, and a Krazy Glue accident. I haven't had a land line in that same amount of time and I have zero complaints. Great phone, but man do plenty of people hate it. Bizarre.

For some of us, a phone is just a phone. Meaning, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. This is only my third phone in thirteen years, and in my opinion the form factor is still unmatched. Give me an all-screen Linux computer with the same dimensions and we'll have a winner.

I think it's the kitsch-y name, packaging and ads surrounding it.

would love to have a flip phone type N900. The E91 and its ilk are no longer on the shelves, and the "world" is more sad for it. Dont understand why qwerty phones need to be all slidy other than its cheaper to have just one screen.

Imagine a N900 sized E91 with the slimness of RAZR, with touch qwerty stylee, finished in metal and glass