Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Would any of you be so kind to tell me the very first steps so I can join the parade? I haven't figure out from where to get the TelepathyQt4 headers ...

Thanks

My maemo work:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by Diph View Post
I tried to include telepathy and it worked. Have you selected Maemo target instead of Desktop or Simulator?
Yeah have the maemo target selected. As mentioned I can build and run a sample program using them but can't get the QTCreator editor to recognize them e.g. for auto-completion etc

To get it installed I first installed libtelepathy-qt4-dev in scratchbox (armel target) and copied the installed lib and include files to the lib and include directories in the madde fremantle sysroot

The Following User Says Thank You to matrim For This Useful Post:
Posts: 722 | Thanked: 1,223 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ USA
Originally Posted by matrim View Post
To get it installed I first installed libtelepathy-qt4-dev in scratchbox (armel target) and copied the installed lib and include files to the lib and include directories in the madde fremantle sysroot
Sorry to be so needy but is there a "libtpsession-dev" somewhere?

Should I just get the headers from the "garage"? I am trying to compile qt-mobility just to start with and make sure it is working.

I can only find libtpsession on the list of packages for scratchbox/armel and it does not include the headers.

My maemo work:
For Harmattan:
GeePS - native UI around google maps - GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps".
Shutdown - shutdown and reboot with one click - QuickCall - one click call, skypeout and google voice integration using dial tones.
WakeOnLan - wake computers on your local network.
For Maemo/N900:
GApp - access to optimized mobile "google apps". - MobWebMail: browser optimized to access multiple gmail accounts
MyContacts: 75 Contacts on your desktop, ring tones per group and more - GeePS: native front-end for google maps
Macuco2 : web browser to access web sites optimized for the iphone - WakeOnLan: wake up computers on your local network
dbBrowser: Simple application to browse sqlite databases

Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
Sorry to be so needy but is there a "libtpsession-dev" somewhere? .
There is in extras devel.

The Following User Says Thank You to Diph For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by fcrochik View Post
uvatbc,

It seems that you have had a good fight and end up winning the "battle" to setup telepathy-qt4+tpsession on nokia sdk. Would you be so kind to tell me how you did get the telepathy-qt4 headers? I don't think I can just download the latest version from git and I tried "apt-get sources libtelepathy-qt4-0" but got errors later trying to configure/compile it on scratchbox...

In fact, any information that can help me get from 0 to compile my first qt application using telepathy qt4/tpsession on nokia sdk will be greatly appreciated! I would love for example to be able to generate your qgvdial from source.

Thanks in advance
Download the armel package from here: http://maemo.org/packages/view/libtelepathy-qt4-dev/ and http://maemo.org/packages/view/libtelepathy-qt4-0/

Open the packages (eg. the Windows version of 7-Zip can do it), and extract the contents of the /data.tar.gz/data.tar/./ to the sysroot of MADDE.

If you copy libraries like this into MADDE, note that the default mechanism (LIBS += -lsomelibrary) looks for libsomelibrary.so in /usr/lib of the sysroot. So in this case you'll have to rename "libtelepathy-qt4.so.0.0.0" to "libtelepathy-qt4.so".

The above worked for me with other libs.
Good luck!

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-07-15 at 13:36.

The Following User Says Thank You to Venemo For This Useful Post:
After some playing around I've found that if I change to

INCLUDEPATH += /home/matrim/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-10.2010.19-1-slim/usr/include/telepathy-1.0
LIBS += -ltelepathy-qt4

I can build and run the project as before but now the autocomplete etc works.

Originally Posted by matrim View Post
After some playing around I've found that if I change to

INCLUDEPATH += /home/matrim/QtSDK/Maemo/4.6.2/sysroots/fremantle-arm-sysroot-10.2010.19-1-slim/usr/include/telepathy-1.0
LIBS += -ltelepathy-qt4

I can build and run the project as before but now the autocomplete etc works.
Yeah, but it won't build on Scratchbox (nor the autobuilder) that way.

I reported it previously here:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1858

You can vote on the bug if you experience it, too.

Last edited by Venemo; 2010-07-15 at 17:34.

Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
Yeah, but it won't build on Scratchbox (nor the autobuilder) that way.

I reported it previously here:
http://bugreports.qt.nokia.com/browse/QTCREATORBUG-1858

You can vote on the bug if you experience it, too.
Thanks for the info. I've voted for it

Posts: 1,048 | Thanked: 979 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ SF Bay Area
Download the armel package from here: http://maemo.org/packages/view/libtelepathy-qt4-dev/ and http://maemo.org/packages/view/libtelepathy-qt4-0/

Open the packages (eg. the Windows version of 7-Zip can do it), and extract the contents of the /data.tar.gz/data.tar/./ to the sysroot of MADDE.
Excellent - This makes my efforts to create a script to auto-extract and place into the SDK redundant.

If you copy libraries like this into MADDE, note that the default mechanism (LIBS += -lsomelibrary) looks for libsomelibrary.so in /usr/lib of the sysroot. So in this case you'll have to rename "libtelepathy-qt4.so.0.0.0" to "libtelepathy-qt4.so".
Please don't rename. In Linux, make a symlink. In Windows, make a copy and then rename.
qgvnotify: Google voice and contacts notifier for diablo and maemo.

If you want to thank me, click the Thanks button.
If you'd like to thank my applications, vote to move them to extras.

Originally Posted by uvatbc View Post
Please don't rename. In Linux, make a symlink. In Windows, make a copy and then rename.
Yeah, that is the more elegant way.
But madde always looks for the libsomething.so, so it doesn't give a damn about the *.so.0, nor *.so.0.0.0 files.