Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Just curious as to what Laptop (not desktop...) do you use for developing on?

To keep things simple, please reply as follows:
Manufacturer: Fujitsu
Model: Amilo Pi 3560
Display Size: 15,6" (HD) + 21,5" external LCD (Full HD)
Other Info: I use it for .NET development (for my work), occasional gaming (the graphics card is real good), and, of course, developing in Qt for Maemo.
I think this machine has an extremely good price/value ratio.

Posts: 414 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Silicon Valley
Thanks to everyone that has responded so far....very interesting to see the range of laptops/OS's, etc that people are using...

One of my main reasons for asking for this info was to see what size display most people use to do dev work on...if I'm not mistaken, while there is a range of sizes from large to small, most are tending towards larger size; 13" or larger....which I suppose makes sense given the convenience of having more screen real estate to use...

Nokia N900
Previous: Nokia N810 & N800

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Norway
This is more of a netbook, really. I do mostly C and Python coding on it.

Manufacturer: Lemote
Model: YeeLoong 8101B
Display size: 10" LCD
Other info: 160Gb HDD, 512Mb RAM, 900Mhz Loongson-2F MIPS(el) RISC CPU. This is the first laptop which is fully free with all components.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
Originally Posted by ArchiMark View Post
Thanks to everyone that has responded so far....very interesting to see the range of laptops/OS's, etc that people are using...

One of my main reasons for asking for this info was to see what size display most people use to do dev work on...if I'm not mistaken, while there is a range of sizes from large to small, most are tending towards larger size; 13" or larger....which I suppose makes sense given the convenience of having more screen real estate to use...
In my opinion the resolution is more important than the physical size. I want as many pixels as possible. Sadly all laptops now are "Widescreen" (actually: short-screen) so pixels are in high demand...

Personally I only want a screen with at least 1000 vertical pixels...