Active Topics

Posts: 186 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Austin TX
Read this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=35493&page=8
There is a number you can call to speak to a cs rep: 800 436 6394

Posts: 609 | Thanked: 243 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Eastern USA
Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
It's a scam...they don't accept early adopters which is stupid.
It's obviously not a scam due to early adopters.

markn got his around the same time I got mine.

If a big company like Nokia did a scam, they'd be in very, very, deep s***.

Don't throw around FUD like that, OK?
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
If you read the notes between my letters, it said I called 3 times. The first, I was given a time frame of 2-3 weeks (in February), and the second and third times, my call was dropped.
Also, pin yourself in the map! Maemo Map. Send me a PM (Private Message) if I leave you hanging on a problem (or if you need more help).
Owner of both a N800 and N900; Active community member since Jan 2010. You've been xommified! - My blog.

I got mine in the UK

Originally Posted by chrisp7 View Post
I got mine in the UK
See? Not a scam.

Don't be too quick to judge, it's probably bad management, than anything.

(Or is it that everyone living in America is rich and don't care when they get their rebates... :\ )

Posts: 124 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Puerto Rico
I bought my N900 first week of December. And received the rebate first week of April.
http://j0hnmcclane.deviantart.com/

Originally Posted by xomm View Post
It's obviously not a scam due to early adopters.

markn got his around the same time I got mine.

If a big company like Nokia did a scam, they'd be in very, very, deep s***.

Don't throw around FUD like that, OK?
Nokia doesn't handle the rebates, some other company does. When I was researching why my rebate never arrived, I read that the same rebate processing company has been in very, very deep s***.

Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Nokia doesn't handle the rebates, some other company does. When I was researching why my rebate never arrived, I read that the same rebate processing company has been in very, very deep s***.
Well... how do you explain how some got the rebate, but others didn't? :\

Originally Posted by Strive_Masiwa View Post
If this was meant to call attention to my comment on that page, it needs to be understood that I was too hasty in calling the rebate program a scam. Some people have received their rebates, so it must not have been entirely dishonest.

Of course, I'm not going to be convinced that it was entirely honest, either, until all of us who are entitled to rebates have received them!

The Following User Says Thank You to RobbH For This Useful Post:
Amazingly -- I just received my rebate card in the mail two days ago (Saturday the 15th.)

I sent it in during the "normal" rebate window that ended early Jan.

I received a notice in the mail saying my rebate was rejected b/c I hadn't included the original shipping box's UPC code label -- which is BS, I swear this was never specified in the rebate form as a requirement.

I rush-shipped the cut-out UPC code from the box back to them and never heard a thing. I assumed it was all scam (or at least very shady) when just about every person who called them to check up on their rebate status was informed that "due to some glitch in the system, their personal rebate process was being held up... but only theirs."

I had:
1) Given up long ago
2) Forgotten long ago.

But... surprise surprise -- a $50 visa debit card from Nokia showed up in the mail. I wonder if Nokia leaned on the rebate company to clean up their act and "un-glitch" all the "glitched" rebate accounts...

Sam

Tags
amazon, nokia, nokia n900, ovi store, rebate