Notices

dear all.
i install micro emulator in my nokia N900 and running mig33 application.
can u guyz plz tell me how to change in portrait mode and resize the best display?
thx

Well, this is quite a late response, but unfortunately I am very busy these days.

Originally Posted by barteo View Post
Current SWT UI target didn't provide native controls translation from MIDP to SWT. All the MIDP controls are rendered inside the Canvas.

I think better option would be start from scratch, but reuse the existing Android device layer as a starting point which is well written and actively maintained.
I see, thanks for the clarification, only had a really short glance at it.

So we then basically start in a clean repository and start to put things together based on the Android UI code base?
Be warned, I have no experience with the Android UI yet.

Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
So we then basically start in a clean repository and start to put things together based on the Android UI code base?
Be warned, I have no experience with the Android UI yet.
Existing microemu-javase-swt module is a good place for the SWT UI development. First this module content should be cleared and the next step would be to copy all the files from microemu-android module. The real work will start from that point

The Following User Says Thank You to barteo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
How is the status of microemulator? Is it stable working yet? I really miss Java

Originally Posted by Crogge View Post
How is the status of microemulator? Is it stable working yet? I really miss Java
It depends, what application you want to run. It works pretty well with Opera Mini for instance.

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
The latest version of Microemulator works so far fine for me, it would be useful to collect the experiences with it here.

What I really miss are different skins a better option to control it (Set buttons on the physical keyboard etc).

Posts: 1,522 | Thanked: 392 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ São Paulo, Brazil
Am i the only one not managing to get http://www.seeingwithsound.com/ to run? (click on the "Nokia" button in the bottom)

Jfyi,

uploaded a new MicroEmulator package to extras-devel.
This one includes the custom skin from stopgap as default: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=60557

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Wonko For This Useful Post: