Active Topics

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by JCH View Post
How long did it take you to get the shipment from PDair? Where are you located?
I made the order about 30 Dec 2009, and I got a confirmation of shipment at 6 Jan 2010. Having in mind that I ordered 3 cases and that it was Christmas, I guess the ~3 working days to ship are ok. The case came about 1.5-2 weeks latter but that's most probably the shipment delay.

In their mail the said this:

Thank you for your order. We are glad to inform you that your shipment has been processed and sent out by air on 06 Jan 2010. Normally the delivery time for air mail via Hong Kong Post Office varies from 7 to 20 working days (not including Sat & Sun).

Last edited by v13; 2010-02-21 at 18:47.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
How long did it take you to get the shipment from PDair? Where are you located?
I bought this from PDair, it took about ten days to get to the UK.

Not a hard case but it has already saved my little friend from a couple of nasty falls onto hard surfaces.

The Following User Says Thank You to torsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 80 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Stockholm (formally Amsterdam, London)
I've been using the case from krusell http://www.krusell.se/product/3875 and it a bit tight but I noticed after a few month of usage the leather softens up.

Has anyone tried the PDair aluminum case for the N900? http://www.pdair.com/catalog/product...ducts_id=27477.
You know I like the look of this ally case, I just ordered it up from PDair.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Would be interested to know how you like the ally case Torsen.. I just got a rubbereised hard case from Amazon for £3.40 - fits pretty well and seems quite protective...

Originally Posted by zail View Post
Would be interested to know how you like the ally case Torsen.. I just got a rubbereised hard case from Amazon for £3.40 - fits pretty well and seems quite protective...
I'll report back.
The thing that caught my eye with this case is the attachment point for the belt holder that comes with it, I may be able to use this to fix it to a suction car windscreen mount.

Originally Posted by torsen View Post
You know I like the look of this ally case, I just ordered it up from PDair.
There's a youtube video of it too if you're interested. This is the best video I've found, but there are a couple of others as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk28LFQX4NY

It looks pretty nice. I thought to combine a screen protector since the case is open screen. There was a review of a PDair aluminum case for the playstation portable, and the review was excellent, I can't find the link to that review now though. The one for the N900 should be the same quality.

By the way, I'm very interested in this case because, first and foremost, the belt clip looks sturdy and secure. I bought a leather case from T-Mobile that had everything I was looking for (non-magnetic buckles and soft interior for the N900 screen) except the belt clip was designed like the sketch below on the left (no distal hook to catch onto your belt or pants), and it took almost no force at all to make the whole case slip right off your hip. The PDair aluminum case has a belt clip that, from what I can tell, is like the sketch below on the right, and that hook at the end keeps the case from being easily pulled off your hip or belt.
Attached Images

Last edited by JCH; 2010-02-22 at 03:43.

Noreve has brough up another new case for the nokia n900:

image from symbian oasis

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
There's a youtube video of it too if you're interested. This is the best video I've found, but there are a couple of others as well. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lk28LFQX4NY

It looks pretty nice. I thought to combine a screen protector since the case is open screen. There was a review of a PDair aluminum case for the playstation portable, and the review was excellent, I can't find the link to that review now though. The one for the N900 should be the same quality.
Apart from the keyboard thing, there is a practical issue: How is this case supposed to protect n900 from fluids and drops?

a) Fluids will go all over the case and reach N900.

b) If N900 is dropped while in this case, it will be shocked really hard. Is the case able to absorb force by itself? Will it prevent the screen or any other fragile part from breaking because of the shock?

Originally Posted by v13 View Post
Apart from the keyboard thing, there is a practical issue: How is this case supposed to protect n900 from fluids and drops?

a) Fluids will go all over the case and reach N900.

b) If N900 is dropped while in this case, it will be shocked really hard. Is the case able to absorb force by itself? Will it prevent the screen or any other fragile part from breaking because of the shock?
It won't protect from fluids. Even with leather cases you wouldn't want to be using the N900 near a pool, or putting a big mug of liquid near it.

One might want to combine this with a screen protector.

The PDair aluminum case is lined with neoprene on the inside. The review of the version for the playstation portable was positive. I ordered the N900 version and haven't got it yet. I'll come back and list my impressions after I get it and use it.

My reasons for choosing this case include that the belt clip appears to have a good grip on your belt or pants (see the sketch in my prior post in this thread) and it doesn't use any magnetic latching system. I couldn't find anything else that had a quality belt clip and didn't use magnetic latching. Can't tell if Noreve is a snap-on latch or magnetic, their web site doesn't show enough pictures of the cases, and also Noreve is much more expensive especially if you want the metal belt clip.