Active Topics

Posts: 232 | Thanked: 102 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Warren, MI, USA
they have an internet only plan I believe as well for $30 ? a month. I might go with that, and then signup for Skype in/out for I think it's $2-3 a month. And use Google Voice along with SMS for free SMS messages. Who needs a voice and texting plan from T-mobile. Just go with unlimited data only.

Originally Posted by merc248 View Post
Alright, here's the scoop:

- Everything is still bandwidth capped. With the $20 unlimited web + texting for phones, the bandwidth cap is at 100 MB, and there will be overage charges until you hit $10 of overage fees.

- With the $40 unlimited web + text + email for smartphones, you get a 10 GB cap and use a completely different server (proxy?) for your phone. Not bad. Apparently this does not cover any use of the phone as a modem for a laptop or whatever, which kind of blows, but hey, 10 GB cap is not that bad.

- I believe this is true even if you're going with Even More / Even More Plus, depending on the kind of phone you're getting. I don't know how they make the distinction between a regular phone or a smartphone.
Just throwing it out there, you cant make an argument/statement with "i believe this is true even if"

Its ok if you dont know. In fact its great if you dont. Its a pretty trivial thing to give a damn about anyhow.

Posts: 296 | Thanked: 126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ New York City
I looked into doing data-only. It didn't seem like the savings would be worth the inconvenience. When you put all the costs for the voip in/out you aren't really saving that much. For like 10 bucks more you can just get phone/text and use those other services for things like international calling where the savings is more worthwhile.

The Following User Says Thank You to sadfist For This Useful Post:
Posts: 486 | Thanked: 154 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ New York City
I have the "T-Mobile myTouch Unlimited Web + 400 Messages" for $24.99 at there doesn't seem to be a 100MB cap for 3G

&20 unlimited txt + web for phones is for the dumbphones and yes that does have a 100MB cap a month no matter if you use it in GPRS connection or EDGE or 3G as soon as you hit 100MB it wont get online.
Best way to do is get a IMEI number of off someone using a T-Mobile Shadow and tell them you got the shadow rep can give you $20 unlimited txt + unlimited Shadow data. This plan doesnot have any kind of cap or else you can also say you will be getting capped at 10GB, which I do not see anyone using in a phone unless they want to do hardcore torrenting.
But if you change your plan to this you will have to use different apn that is:
internet2.voicestream.com if you use epc.tmobile.com you will be continously taken to the t-mobile web which will suggest you to get the other smartphone web.
So if you can get an IMEI for Shadow and ask a rep to convert your unlimited web to Shadow web and use the old apn you will be all good.

Posts: 245 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ CT USA
i am on tmobile unlimited web for dumb phones for 9.99 and acording to tmobile website i am at 128mb and still works no cap

Last edited by amorek13; 2009-11-27 at 19:58.

dunno if this helps at all but im on t-mobile uk with web&walk plus (an extra £10.64) which provides a 3gb limit (iirc)

Originally Posted by sadfist View Post
I looked into doing data-only. It didn't seem like the savings would be worth the inconvenience. When you put all the costs for the voip in/out you aren't really saving that much. For like 10 bucks more you can just get phone/text and use those other services for things like international calling where the savings is more worthwhile.
But you can txt using internet...no need for 400+ whatever text plan. And you can use internet to talk?

Posts: 66 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Texas
I picked up the Even More plus (500min, unlimited talk + web) last month. The rep had to call in and add support for my smartphone manually to make internet2.voicestream.com to work. My online T-Mobile account says that the smartphone data cost extra, but it is zeroed out on my paper bill (which is what the rep told me would happen).

The Following User Says Thank You to flux41 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Seattle, WA
Originally Posted by phreck View Post
Just throwing it out there, you cant make an argument/statement with "i believe this is true even if"

Its ok if you dont know. In fact its great if you dont. Its a pretty trivial thing to give a damn about anyhow.
Which is why I predicated the sentence with "I believe", because it seems to follow naturally that there would be a distinction in both the pricing scheme and whether one goes through internet2.voicestream.com or whatever, yet I don't know for sure.

But then again, we're splitting hairs here. Chill out.