Active Topics

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
....but try my method first, it worked for me

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
Out of interest, why wouldn't mplayer -demuxer 35 work directly on the stream?

From the mplayer FAQ:
xine or videolan can play my file but mplayer cannot!

* try mplayer -demuxer lavf file

Mplayer can be a ***** in regards to finding the right parameters to send to it.

You said you can access it via Java? Qole's "Easy Debian Turbo-Charged" image has Java enabled within Iceweasel/Firefox. Probably very slow.

And FYI directx is Internet Explorer only (and total crap). It's too bad the camera doesn't just stream straight video feed.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
It streams video and audio as seen above.

There is embedded Java on Sun's site, but definitely not usable for video...

Originally Posted by gatornuke View Post
i just purchased a nokia n-810 to use as an easily portable monitor for my trendnet tv-ip312w ip camera mounted over my baby's crib. much to my dissapontment, though, neither java nor the directx controls work on the browser. is there any software out there that will work with this thing? i'd gladly pay money for it, but it needs to work out of the box. i just don't have the time to learn a new programming language.
I have a very similar problem and wonder if anyone can help. I am tying to access my Linksys Internet Camera WVC200 using the N810 and although I am able to access it and send commands thru the N810 to move the camera the video screen is black and a message reads “Video for other Platform / OS”

Accessing my web cam was one of the main reasons why I purchase the N810.

Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Maybe a different browser, drivers, apps, anything? I would gladly pay for any software needed to make this happen. Thanks.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Out of interest, why wouldn't mplayer -demuxer 35 work directly on the stream?

From the mplayer FAQ:
xine or videolan can play my file but mplayer cannot!

* try mplayer -demuxer lavf file
Someone suggested that somewhere else, but it didn't work for me getting an mjpeg stream from my IP camera.

I've been able to stream all kinds of video to my tablet's mplayer, including a webcam on my PC using VLC to encode the video.

There's something broken inside mplayer with mjpeg video, I think...

By the way, that reminds me. If you can stream your camera's A/V to VLC on a PC or Mac, you can use VLC to re-encode the stream to a better format and serve that stream to your tablet.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
By the way, that reminds me. If you can stream your camera's A/V to VLC on a PC or Mac, you can use VLC to re-encode the stream to a better format and serve that stream to your tablet.
I attempted that, but i wasn't sure how to correctly configure VLC and what commands to use on my tablet to make it work. I prefer the suggestion you made on the previous page, however (with mkfifo and wget), since that way i don't need to have any PC running in order to view the camera (although my living room media center PC is always runnings anyhow because of extenders).

I'll have to try it when i get home and let you know if it works. Thanks.

Originally Posted by qole View Post
Ha!

This page has a suggestion that worked for my Trendnet camera! I got fullscreen video on my tablet. A slight delay, and not terribly high FPS, but it worked...

Code:
mkfifo a.mjpeg
wget -O a.mjpeg http://admin:pass@192.168.0.197/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi 2>/dev/null & mplayer -cache 32 -demuxer 35 a.mjpeg
Notes:
  • You have to do this in your home directory or something, not on a FAT partition (like /media/mmcX) otherwise mkfifo gives a permission error.
  • The -O after wget is a capital O not a zero.
  • It looks like you only have to make the a.mjpeg file (actually a pipe, not a file) one time, and then just call the wget line each time.
i had really high hopes for this, but it doesn't quite work. it says it's playing, but nothing happens. am i missing something?

btw, i looked for rc2 but couldn't figure out how to install it. again, i've never used linux before.

Code:
~ $ mkfifo a.mjpeg
mkfifo: a.mjpeg: File exists
~ $ wget -O a.mjpeg http://admin:pass@192.168.0.197/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi 2>/dev/null & mplayer -cache 32 -demuxer 35 a.mjpeg
MPlayer 1.0rc1-maemo.29.n8x0 (C) 2000-2006 MPlayer Team
CPU: ARM
Internet Tablet OS version: RX-34+RX-44+RX-48_DIABLO_5.2008.43-7_PR_MR0

[MENU] Can't open menu config file: /home/user/.mplayer/menu.conf
Menu inited: /etc/mplayer/menu.conf

Playing a.mjpeg.

Originally Posted by Thesandlord View Post
Maybe if you go to the URL with the web browser, the default media player will tune into the stream. Not sure though.

However, if you can return the camera, it may be cool to buy another N800 or N810. You can stream video from the second tablet to the first easily, and even remotely play music or videos (to put the baby to sleep, etc...)
That's the first thing i tried when i got the tablet. I can access the camera's web server and change settings like camera video resolution, sound volume, etc, but it will not display the actual AV feed