Yes!, count me in for one definitely at (or around) $20. I use the 2-part stand provided by Nokia, which basically means I rarely if ever use a stand at all. I'd love to have something nice and sturdy like this, especially when it lifts it off the desk so much.

While I am quite content with the stand that came with the 770 -- for carrying around with me -- this stand, if reasonably priced, would be great to keep on my desk. Please keep us potential buyers informed. I do subscribe to the feature of permitting the charger and USB cables attached when in the stand.

The stand does have complete access to the ports audio/mic/charger and usb. The concept stand was cut out of plate aluminum on a band saw and hand finished. How do you feel about the finish. What would your choice in finish be out of painted white/black or natural brushed metal or bead blasted. Also what are peoples thoughts on having a hole in the back of the stand to rout the cords through. Im going to price some options monday for having these either cut out on a C&C or water jet.

I like the stand pretty much exactly as pictured in the photo--I'd rather it be aluminum than acrylic, and I'd rather it be left unpainted.

I'd prefer a hole in the back of the stand for the cables, but I can see that the cables will plug in regardless, so for me it's just an aesthetic preference (keeps the front looking a little cleaner). If you end up not putting a hole in the back, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Please do keep us informed on what you decide re. pricing and availability. I'm not interested in cases because I find the built-in lid works fine, but I'd LOVE a good, sturdy stand for the little guy.

Last edited by Scurzuzu; 2006-08-28 at 13:21. Reason: removed rambling nonsense

Boy...that stand is really gorgeous!
I would buy it too!
Good job Wiredless!

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Germany
Great, I would buy it too!!!

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
*drools* Let me know if this reaches market.

Posts: 919 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2006 @ /dev/null
Count me in!
Please post it here when is available for grabs!
Nice Work and Thank You!

It looks nice, but I don't think it's for me. Definitely a "stay-at-home" stand vs. the one it comes with, which can be taken down and transported in a carry-on bag quite easily (folds flat, no metal to upset the security folks at the airport).

Posts: 190 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Bee-u-tee-ful Garden Home, Oregon
Well... as this thread started asking about what stand you use, I'll have to reply:

Huh?

Stand? What stand? Why?

My 770 is either in my hands, sitting on the Nokia keyboard, or just laying flat (connected via wifi). I stopped putting it on a stand months ago.

Looks pretty, but does me no good.

I like the stand shown though, but since it adds no expansion ports it's just no use to me. Looks nice, kudos.

Brad.