Active Topics

I agree with John about the N800 case. I have moved from an N800 and the Nokia case to the N810 and was hoping there was something like my N800 case. There doesn't seem to be, so I ordered the Boxwave horizontal case and modded it to my needs. It's not the best craftsmanship, but I like it a lot better now.

I cut out the credit card and memory card holders and replaced the area with felt. After a couple of weeks of use, I realized I hated the spongy feeling of the keyboard behind the plastic. So, today, I took a chance and cut out the plastic sitting over the keyboard area so I can get better tactile feedback. Finally, I cut off the magnetic clip. I see no need for this. My case primarily protects my N810 for when I slip it into my jacket pocket or my back pocket. The case stays closed just fine by putting in on the table magnet side up.

I have posted my pictures and 2 videos of my modded case (using my new E71 and Ovi!).
http://share.ovi.com/channel/jackburton.public

If Boxwave (or anybody else for that matter) made a case like mine, I'd be all over it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jackburton For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ Florida
nice job w/ the plastic cutting. I'd be afraid of it tearing though.

Thanks! We'll see how long it lasts. haha. I just did it today.

Yeah, he's a braver man than I.