Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
That leak was very unfortunate. I hope who did it was fired. Then again, it may have been one of my disgruntled laid-off compatriots...

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
highly likely. and i suspect we will see more like these if the economy keeps on going the way it does.

Posts: 253 | Thanked: 104 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Midwest, USA
Originally Posted by Texrat View Post
That leak was very unfortunate. I hope who did it was fired. Then again, it may have been one of my disgruntled laid-off compatriots...
Yeah, I kind of felt bad about posting the link to it, but I figured someone would eventually, one way or another and I don't think anyone out there is particularly amazed by any info on that page. Most of Nokia's competitors have already announced devices of similar specs that have been released or will be released on a similar timeline.

As an aside, I've always wondered if some companies intentionally let stuff like this leak just to keep a buzz going about their company and investors from turning to other companies (Note: I never said it was legal or that Nokia ever did such a thing).

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
I can assure you this info was not intentionally leaked by corporate.

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
meh, to much detail for it to be a intentional leak.

Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
No RX devices among them. Mostly RM. What does the M stand for? Mobile? This would make sense.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Have to say that none of those devices looks particularly interesting to me. They all have small screens with low resolutions, the kind of thing that's fine for a phone, but not what we've come to expect of the NIT line.

The most comforting thing I get from this is that if these are the specs for the new Nokia smartphones, then we're in for a very nice treat.

The Following User Says Thank You to qole For This Useful Post:
I'm pretty sure all the devices in that list are phones - S60 has recently reached v5 as well...

Anyway, apparently that list is far from up-to-date...

Posts: 251 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Houston, Texas
I for one would like to have a PDA/Smartphone replacement for my Nokia 9300. The E90 is not suitable because it isn't compatible at the 3G level in the US carriers.

I don't consider either of my N800's as a PDA replacement because the battery life is just too short.

This posting does at least give me a little hope.