Active Topics

I just started using Amazon MP3. WAY better than iTunes because there's no bloat. Any word on Maemo support? I'd love to be on the road and be able to buy an album.

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
I'd also love to be able to download Amazon MP3's right from my tablet. Amazon is the only website I buy mp3's from plus I know a website where I can get free amazon gift certificates so I can get mp3's for free.

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by nilchak View Post
Even the brand new Palm Pre seems to come with Amazon MP3 built in into it
http://www.engadgetmobile.com/photos...-tour/1273838/

Why doesn't Nokia work with Amazon - cause Nokia phones (at least S60 if not Maemo) is a huge base for Amazon to sell directly to...
Why? http://music.nokia.com.

Amazon is a US-based company, hence their US-centric view on cell platforms. I'm not even sure what the international state of AmazonMP3 is. If it's mostly a NA service then it's no wonder they haven't released an S60 client yet.

Originally Posted by blowfish23 View Post
...plus I know a website where I can get free amazon gift certificates...
Care to share?

Posts: 104 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Illinois
Sure. It's a website that gives you points for using their search engine. It combine's google and ask so you get the same results you normally do. They have other prizes too, but amazon gift certificates are my favorite. Here's the link:
http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=91435
I have it as my homepage on my internet tablet.

The Following User Says Thank You to blowfish23 For This Useful Post:
Amazon MP3 Store + IPhone? Is there a way to get the Amazon MP3 store to work on the IPhone - first generation or 3G? I haven't seen an application in the Apple App Store allowing the Amazon MP3 Downloader to install. Is there some other work around, or has Amazon announced that Apple has agreed to let it create an application for the IPhone?

Last edited by kayanat; 2009-03-14 at 10:18.

Originally Posted by kayanat View Post
Amazon MP3 Store + IPhone? Is there a way to get the Amazon MP3 store to work on the IPhone - first generation or 3G? I haven't seen an application in the Apple App Store allowing the Amazon MP3 Downloader to install. Is there some other work around, or has Amazon announced that Apple has agreed to let it create an application for the IPhone?
Not to sound pushy or anything - but out here we are Nokia NXX users who are fretting about having the Amzon MP3 service on the Nokia IT's - and we do not have it as yet. We are not exactly the iPhone bunch out here. They are all on the iPhone forums somewhere else I am sure and maybe your question should be directed to them.

Of course if anyone did know about the iPhone mp3 service as well, I am sure they will try answering you - since we are a pretty helpful bunch of people on this forum.

Not to sound pushy or anything - but out here we are Nokia NXX users who are fretting about having the Amzon MP3 service on the Nokia IT's - and we do not have it as yet. We are not exactly the iPhone bunch out here.
True, but I can't imagine that it would require THAT much more work to hildonize the app. Afterall, they have versions for OpenSuse, Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora. And from my use, the app is pretty simple and light-weight.

Any news on amazon MP3 downloader, can I make any of the other versions available run on the N900?

Still looking for a solution for this.
Must be a way somehow.
Perhaps if I run android on the n900.