Active Topics

Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
You've sent a device to the service with cards inside?
I think i'ts not Nokia who sucks, sorry dude

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Austin, Texas
Originally Posted by ebe51 View Post
...guess what's missing.
Erm...common sense? Oh, and manners...

I don't care about the cards I have a ton of them, I only cared about the battery, and for all you giving me crap about it I can't wait till you have problem with your nokia's and have go though there costumer service center, and spend 4 days on the phone with people can't tell you anything, because there service is not contact with the repair center. I already said the second lady I talked with said if I thought is was a battery problem to send it in. I did and many many many days later I still don't have a working nokia because I didn't get the battery back.

Hi,

ebe51, you are on A public forum so these kind of comments should not be totally unexpected.

If you were having problems describing your issues to customer service, the safe approach would have been to just send in the unit as then, if it checked out fine, then the assumption would have A battery issue.

You would not have had the grief from Nokia or from members here who you feel are putting you through the wringer.

I just think some members here feel you lacked A little common sense with your transaction and are needlessly trashing Nokia over A transaction that you are at least A little bit responsible for.

I recommend, if you dislike the comments above, do not read them as members will post what they think, good or bad.

I hope you have been made whole by Nokia and now can go back to enjoying your NIT.

David

Last edited by harpgliss; 2008-09-17 at 23:34.

The Following User Says Thank You to harpgliss For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by harpgliss View Post
Hi,

ebe51, you are on A public forum so these kind of comments should not be totally unexpected.

If you were having problems describing your issues to customer service, the safe approach would have been to just send in the unit as then, if it checked out fine, then the assumption would have A battery issue.

You would not have had the grief from Nokia or from members here who you feel are putting you through the ringer.

I just think some members here feel you lacked A little common sense with your transaction and are needlessly trashing Nokia over A transaction that you are at least A little bit responsible for.

I recommend, if you dislike the comments above, do not read them as members will post what they think, good or bad.

I hope you have been made whole by Nokia and now can go back to enjoying your NIT.

David
This is a public fourm so I should be able to vent my grief both to have a place to vent and to warn others. I'm upset with Nokia. If people would read instead of just calling me stupid that would see that my whole complaint is with the battery, and the fact I was getting conficting information on rather or not i sould it in. Again a lady for Nokia told me If I thought the battery was bad to send it in, and the same time rushed me off the phone to their website to fill out some forum that said don't send the battery in.

So with a cosumer care saying go ahead and the web site saying not to, I made the wrong choice and sent it in (with a letter explain why I sent it). Only later to find out that cosumer care people don't know crap about what or how the repair center does things. In fact the cosumer care told after the fact that thier phones will not even call out to repair center, and that the phones are on lock down.

Yet when I vent my fustration with Nokia over the conflicting info and lack of good cosumer care. I get put through the ringer by the people here on this forum.

First, it's a wringer, not a ringer.

Second, if you can vent grief and "fustation", so can we.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Benson For This Useful Post:
Rule number 1 when you RMA - don't send anything that they don't ask for, quite often the will just take your device put it in a pile to look at later and send you a new one or one they already refurbished. They are not really interested in spending hours diagnosing - the man hours alone justifies the cost of just sending a new unit.

This is within reason of course - don't send in your unit after you drive over it with a truck and expect a new one

Posts: 833 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Based in the USA
Originally Posted by ebe51 View Post
This is a public fourm so I should be able to vent my grief both to have a place to vent and to warn others. I'm upset with Nokia. <snip>
And what you are experiencing here is a feeding frenzy. We are venting on you, sorry.

You've been a member since December.
Have there been many threads praising customer support?
Perhaps 1.
Did you ask for help on the forum for this issue? Not that I could find.
Did you have a RMA? You don't mention it.

So you have an 8 plus month old N800, how old was the battery?
Now you are getting a free battery from Nokia. A 1 month turn around from Nokia support is not too bad.

Do you want to sell your N800?
PLEASE use the Wiki

Hi,

ebe51, you are as responsible for your bad experience as anyone from Nokia is.

Please take some responsibility for your own actions.

I would have, if getting conflicting information would have went with what was posted on the website.

Most members here know that dealing with customer service reps is usually A battle in futility and usually just A waste of time.

They get a sheet or book with answers for each situation and when asked something not covered by this, you are going to get bad information.

You did the wrong thing and are looking to place the blame elsewhere.

My first post was written after carefully reading the whole thread here so I did know all the facts as you presented them on your posts.

If you are thinking that suddenly people are going to change their opinions of how you handled things, your judgment is again lacking.

My posts here are not meant to be mean but at some point, you have to look at the situation through impartial eyes and see where the blame really lies.

Good luck with your NIT.

David

Posts: 177 | Thanked: 68 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Phoenix
Funny thing... I was walking outside the Nokia Customer Service center the other day and found an N800 battery and a couple of 2gig SD cards lying on the sidewalk... looked like someone threw them out of a window.

I wonder if this is related to your issue?

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Wes Doobner For This Useful Post: