Active Topics

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Mirrored.

http://qwerty12.maemobox.org/flash-player-r48-0.1.deb

EDIT: Original site up. I'll leave this here incase, unless it should be removed?

Last edited by qwerty12; 2008-09-21 at 10:56.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 900 | Thanked: 273 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Fresno CA USA
As a web site developer I can tell that that one of our goals is for a good viewing experience for all. You'd be amazed at how many people still use IE6. Hand held devices are increasingly becoming a larger factor in web browsing. For various reasons they are an extra step behind many desktops in release levels. It wasn't until Flash 9 was available on Linux that most sites required more than Flash 7.
Personal Blog -- 3 Joe's Blog

N810 -- 5.2010.33-1

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by GeneralAntilles View Post
A semi-unofficial fix is available here.

Site is currently down, waiting on a fix or a mirror!
Site is up now. Unless you know its upness is only temporary, would you please update the original post? Folks will likely be looking for this patch, as timeless mentioned on several occasions during the summit.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
For the most recent SSU update I keep getting an error with the Flash player. I tried installing this Flash player update to resolve the SSU issue, and it gives me an error. (unable to update flash-player-r48). In the application manage list of installed applications, it says the flash-player-r48 status is Broken. When I try to uninstall it, I get an error and it can't be uninstalled. Any suggestions?

You don't need this after the latest SSU; the flash was reporting the wrong version, and this made it report the correct version. The SSU included a fixed version that reports the correct version, so this is redundant.

Now that you've got it half installed, the only way you're likely to get it fixed is with apt-get -f install or similar (as root, from a shell).

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 99 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Toronto, Ontario
Actually, the main problem I was facing was the SSU wouldn't install because of a conflict with the flash player. I tried installing the flash player to see if that would fix the problem. I think where I'm at right now is wait till I get home, and do a manual reflash and then update etc.

Ah.. I thought you'd made the SSU, then tried this.

In that case, removing this "fix" will likely eliminate the problem. I'd definitely try that (via apt-get, etc.) before clean-flashing it.

What command would remove this flash patch? I'm going try to install the SSU update. I saw the command earlier but I can't refind it now.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 5,478 | Thanked: 5,222 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ St. Petersburg, FL
Originally Posted by Laughing Man View Post
What command would remove this flash patch? I'm going try to install the SSU update. I saw the command earlier but I can't refind it now.
It's listed in the installed applications list under flash. . . .

Haha... oops.

I'm just use to the command line way. So I was expecting some command like apt-get remove flash (something). Well here it goes *crosses fingers for update*

Thanks GA.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Tags
browser, fix, flash