Active Topics

Posts: 538 | Thanked: 168 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Seattle
Hey PB, I should have also said that the "Auto-dimming issue" is not restricted to just KDE alarms - I just see it with the most consistency there. I've also had the same thing happen when using mPlayer and have read that some others here at itT have too. Only with mPlayer it's intermittent and I can't find the pattern Sorry I didn't report this earlier - it took me a while to figure out the pattern.

Could you please point me in the right direction to find the command for USB host mode? I probably used to have it in my taskbar but it's gone now - to make matters worse a few months ago I had a crash and lost most of the "extra" apps you added to Kmenu. I've been able to rebuild most of those shortcuts as the need has arisen but can't find the command for USB host. Thanks!!

Also, I would like to second the recommendation for Q's Conky - he's right it does work great - I've got it set up to toggle on/off using Ctrl+G. I use it now to replace System Guard because Conky uses less system resources and still give me the information I need (eg: WTF is hogging all my CPU and/or Memory?)

Posts: 425 | Thanked: 132 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ California
@PinCushionQueen - Do you possibly mean:

echo host>/sys/devices/platform/musb_hdrc/mode

? Or did I horribly misunderstand? :P

Warning: dates on calendar are closer than they appear.

Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post

thanks that might be what I need - I should be getting my mouse soon to find out.

I also just realized that the mouse I ordered is Bluetooth - I know that there is a usbMouse deb out there somewhere with BT support but I can't find it. Does anybody have a copy they could send me?

Or I suppose I could wait and hope that the Mighty PenquinBait adds it to the KDE package. I think I read in another thread that you got BT mouse working in KDE - is that correct?

Posts: 3,096 | Thanked: 1,525 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Michigan, USA
Originally Posted by PinCushionQueen View Post
thanks that might be what I need - I should be getting my mouse soon to find out.

I also just realized that the mouse I ordered is Bluetooth - I know that there is a usbMouse deb out there somewhere with BT support but I can't find it. Does anybody have a copy they could send me?

Or I suppose I could wait and hope that the Mighty PenquinBait adds it to the KDE package. I think I read in another thread that you got BT mouse working in KDE - is that correct?
yes its working great,

http://www.electronicproductonline.c....1.1_armel.deb

I do a
hcitool scan
hidd --connect 12:12:12:12:12:12

http://www.internettablettalk.com/fo...2&postcount=69
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Originally Posted by josiahg777 View Post

There is actually a script included to toggle OTG / Host mode
If host is on, then it turns on OTG and vice versa, it uses kdialog to tell you...

usb-toggle.sh
To all my Maemo friends. I will no longer be monitoring any of my threads here on a regular basis. I am no longer supporting anything I did under maemo at maemo.org. If you need some help with something you can reach me at tablethacker.com or www.facebook.com/penguinbait. I have disabled my PM's here, and removed myself from Council email and Community mailing list. There has been some fun times, see you around.

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-05-19 at 23:22.

V3 should be out later today

Updates:

removes xmodmap from Autostart
from xterm run xmodon to place back in AutoStart and then restart KDE to take effect
from xterm run xmodoff to remove the xmodmap setting from AutoStart and restart 800/810

Include battery-status
You still need to install python

Include flite executable
Also configure kopete and konqueror to use kttsmgr by default

Include USB mouse package with BT support

Create bluetooth mouse script for connecting mouse (pretty cool)
Icon replaces Maemo-Mapper on taskbar. Maemo-Mapper Icon moved to Desktop

Include color-ls (because I wanted to)

removed old files in /usr/local/kde/share/wallpapers

Added keyboard shortcut for switching between apps
(CTRL + FN)

added theme (Zelda)

And I think this concludes the v3 updates

Last edited by penguinbait; 2008-05-21 at 20:19.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
Is the Chr (characters) button supposed to do nothing in kde v3.5.8? Cant even map it as a modifier/shortcut

Originally Posted by setasai View Post
Is the Chr (characters) button supposed to do nothing in kde v3.5.8? Cant even map it as a modifier/shortcut
I've have mapped the Chr button to act as "Tab" using xmodmap. I have then mapped some shortcuts to include Tab.

I think PB has mapped to do something in the xmodmap file that is included in the KDE install - but I can't remember what it is

Otherwise - it is useless in KDE because the Hildon keyboard doesn't work in KDE.

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ San Jose, CA
So if I want to use it I should run xmodon in xterm? Would xmodmap conflict w/ KDE's built in shortcuts manager?

Originally Posted by setasai View Post
So if I want to use it I should run xmodon in xterm? Would xmodmap conflict w/ KDE's built in shortcuts manager?
This is from the install page for kde v3 installer

These shortcuts will not interfere with KDE???

If xmodon has been run in xterm, and KDE has been restarted
Then you will have the following shortcuts
(Fn + >) TAB Key
(Fn + <) | (PIPE KEY)

Note this is based on USA keyboard layout, if you are using some other language, you would need to make your own xmodmap file. Running xmodon will give you some info on how to do that.

Tags
deprecated, kde, kde35, penguinbait