Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
This rocks! Engadget and Google Maps seem to work way better under Midori than Microb. Plus the open source nature of this makes me very happy. Great work!

-John

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
Yeah, since zoom is not implemented upstream, scroll with +/- seems like a nice idea.
What does the d-pad do? I think d-pad selects links (like s-nav in microb) and +/- scroll would actually be quite nice, especially in portrait.

And zoom is not implemented... Does it have font-sizing (like old firefox)? or totally nothing?

And, yes, I should try it out instead of asking dumb questions... But my N800 needs a reflash (I broke too much stuff by redirecting to SD card, then SD card died... ), so I'm holding off on stuff.

This time, I'm gonna install Fanoush's boot-switcher stuff, run off a big partition on the SD, and have lots more room to install everything, especially on-tablet development stuff. And I gotta find out where Faheem got those wheels; gonna get me some o' them.

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
)

I've already done that + 48MHz kernel for an additional flavor

As for Midori - the d-pad does the scrolling right now. Maybe some portrait detection will be good

WebKit has zoom, not sure about WebKitGtk, but in Midori there was some disabled code... maybe after some changes upstream the current code became obsolete. Didn't dig it too much

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
It works well with Speeddial. I wasn't sure of the right syntax for installing it via command line, so I used Red Pill mode and found the files needed -- the dependencies were two in Webkit.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
If you go to www.learner.org and try to play a video course (such as The Western Tradition), you can't play a video -- Enter doesn't work. At least, I couldn't find a way. It works fine with the regular browser. Perhaps I should post this at software.twotoasts.de.

Posts: 149 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Germany
Midori is noticable faster than Microb. We don't need benchmark numbers to see it's faster, we can feel it

Great job done!

It requires registration. How exactly is this playing with the normal browser? Some plugin or opens it in the default media player?

I didn't configure any handlers for the links, also there are no plugins, so maybe that's the problem.

I registered. Are you by any chance using the mplayer plug-in?

Also it seems the site is using javascript to open a new window. That fails.

Last edited by Bundyo; 2008-03-31 at 20:51.

cool, thanks.

This is really cool. Yes, there are some issues with it, but with a bit of work this thing will be king. Unlike what others have said, for me it loads in about half hte time as microb and it renders pages significantly faster as well. I also love the fact that I am using webkit since I am a KDE fanboy

Posts: 1,950 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2008 @ Seattle, USA
It seems like a good early effort. Thanks! I like having tabs, and it might be faster. It's hard to tell. GMail doesn't load at all. And without a way to zoom, it's too hard for me to get enough use out of it to want to test it much. In addition to not zooming, it seems that my changing the minimum and standard font sizes had no effect. It is true that Google Maps renders much better than in MicroB. (Although, once again, for my eyesight, at least, it's too hard to see comfortably without a zoom option.)

Help Save This Forum
for N8x0/Diablo Users! Register and Vote for Solution #1 on this Brainstorm. (The Solution will let you see New Posts with any threads you choose -- like the N900 and Maemo5/Fremantle threads -- filtered out.) (To understand the Solution better, see these posts #17, #18, and #19.)