Active Topics

Posts: 122 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Paris, France
Thanks GeraldKo. It worked just fine.
Antonio

There's an extension to Firefox that would be extremely useful to MicroB. It's called User Agent Switcher.

It well could be ported to Maemo... who knows?

Last edited by salomc; 2008-02-12 at 02:11. Reason: typo

Originally Posted by salomc View Post
There's an extension to Firefox that would be extremely useful to MicroB. It's called User Agent Switcher.

It well could be ported to Maemo... who knows?
yes. It works great for firefox. Is it possible to port to maemo?

Well, the easy thing right now is to use a series of bookmarks (one for each useragent) that point to stuff like:
Code:
about:config?prefname=general.useragent.override&prefvalue=Mozilla%2F5.0+%28N8x0+like+iPhone%3B+U%3B+Linux+like+Mac+OS+X%3B+ARM%3B+en%29+AppleWebKit%2F420%2B+%28Gecko%2C+like+KHTML%29
Not as easy as UA switcher; you wind up on about:config, and have to navigate back to where you were. But it's fairly easy, prboably easy enough to keep anyone from being motivated to port UA switcher...

Hi guys, sorry by the delay but follows a link to the post about MicroB user agent switcher:
http://browser-extras.garage.maemo.org/news/8/

Good luck!

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 38 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Brooklyn, NY
Originally Posted by pedralho View Post
Hi guys, sorry by the delay but follows a link to the post about MicroB user agent switcher:
http://browser-extras.garage.maemo.org/news/8/

Good luck!
Good luck is right.

The Default setting (i.e., tablet browser) for that extension is completely busted and only sets appname and appversion strings. I've had to manually enter in all of the user-agent just to get Facebook working again. But there's still something wrong with it as the Tableteer site doesn't recognize the tablet as a tablet. "Platform" and "User Agents" (note the plural) are still blank in its chrome settings panel, and I have no idea what they should be.

Did anyone figure out how to use Useragent switcher?

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by namtastic View Post
Good luck is right.

The Default setting (i.e., tablet browser) for that extension is completely busted and only sets appname and appversion strings. I've had to manually enter in all of the user-agent just to get Facebook working again. But there's still something wrong with it as the Tableteer site doesn't recognize the tablet as a tablet. "Platform" and "User Agents" (note the plural) are still blank in its chrome settings panel, and I have no idea what they should be.
hmm, that explains why i got issues with facebook lately